Monday, November 20

Oh, for Pete's sake!

I just spent three hours uploading the before and after pictures of the renovation on the kids' rooms to a Yahoo! folder. They've "upgraded" the system, which meant that a great deal of that time wasted er, spent went toward figuring out the new system. OK, fine. But the pictures are up.

When I went to change the setting on that album to public, however, I received a nifty little notice that my account has been flagged as "age-restricted" due to violations of Yahoo's police regarding inapprorpriate images.

What.

The.

HELL.

Is up with that?

If I'd know that (oh, I don't know, perhaps a little notice via email would be a good way to let someone know they've set off a flag? a little heads up that there is, obviously, a problem! because I can guarantee you I'm not uploading or sharing ANYTHING inappropriate or damaging - argh!!) and I could have saved myself the time, effort and frustration of doing this tonight, just gone to bed at ten, and dealt with this during business hours.

I do hope tomorrow goes more smoothly than this did. Ugh. And really, I think it's neat that Yahoo has taken the extra step of looking out for folks who might be violating privacy or ethics concerns. I do. I just think that, considering the potential for the occasional blip in the screening process, better communication with its users would be nice, as well.

Oh, well, it's time for bed, anyway.

Dy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I keep getting the notices to upgrade my account, but I'm wondering how many bugs are still in the program? I guess I'll have to eventually, but your story scares me, girl!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your wasted evening! I've wasted a lot of time on the computer since switching to the beta version of blogger, and it makes me crazy. My mom would love it if I managed a picture sharing feature for my blog, but I haven't dared tackle that yet!

Dy said...

You know, they switched me over w/o my knowledge. Strange. I went through all of the photos last night, wondering if perhaps I had uploaded birth pictures when we were trying to back up all our photos over the summer. (All the albums were private, except for the renovation ones, but I thought perhaps that might have triggered it - but, no.) So now I'm really stumped. I'm going to say it's a bug they havent ironed out yet, definitely.

Melora, is the blogger beta pretty complicated? Or are you just having so much fun with it that you're wasting a lot of time? ;-) Fill me in! Maybe someday they'll let me switch (I really want categories!) With all your wonderful photographs, it would be great if you kept an online album! (Like you need more to do, right?)

Dy

Anonymous said...

I use WordPress and I'm a happy camper.

*grinning, ducking, and running* But perhaps that's not the thing to say right now. Ow! Stop that, Dy!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I got your advice. Thank you so much. Mold is so creapy.
My hubby is afraid he won't be able to do it himself. We are still unsure what we are going to do. Hopefully today we will decide. From what I understand we have to put in the tub first. The plumbing is causing us stress because it is old, old steel. We have to put in an overflow drain pipe. There is a pipe there that is capped from a previos overflow drain, but we dont know if we can just stick in a new pipe into the old one or if have to replace the whole drain pipe.
We have an Ikea about an hour from here. We looked at Lowe's and they seem to have cheap things. I have never been to an Ikea so I don't know how they compare.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Yahoo deemed the before pictures as too scary for public viewing! :)

Amy said...

Hey!

Just wanted to let you know that we received your box today. My girls thought it was Christmas already. The clothes are so cute. it is hard for me to imagine little, itty-bitty Robbie fitting into such big boy clothes. Of course we are moving into month 2 on the premie clothes so it may be awhile.

Thank you so much. Your box should be forth coming after the holiday.

Amy

J-Lynn said...

ROFL@Wendys comment! I'm sorry you were still having problems Dy! You're right, Yahoo does hate you I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

I dunno...that little feller was gettin' AWFULLY cozy with that bread. ;)