Wednesday, November 8

More Work, and a Little Play

The living room and dining room are now completely floored. We've put little fuzzy coaster things on everything that touches the floor. The kids are lucky they were in bed before we really got on a roll.

Tomorrow, I have to dump the cabinets in the island and clean off the corner hutch so we can move them and lay the floor in the kitchen. Zorak revealed his Plan tonight. We'll call it "Plan A". It's a very thorough plan. "Plan B" involves pre-programming 911 into my cell phone and teaching the boys how to use it. I'm really hoping Plan A works.

We also have a luncheon tomorrow. I think it's Zorak's company holiday thing. Not sure. I begged for attire guidelines and they were pretty vague. This serves me right for not knowing any of the women he works with. The boys are easy - navy turtlenecks and nice jeans. Miss Emily is a little harder, but that's just because there are soooo many cute outfits! (No, I did not just say that...) And me? Well, I have nothing that says, "Oh, sure, I may have four children and not get out much, but really, I'm holding up quite well, don't you think?" My best bet would have been to get my hair done three weeks ago, but that would've required advance planning. If I had a kaftan right now, I'd be tempted to wear it. Maybe with a belt.

(KIDDING!)

Jeans and a snappy little holiday sweater ought to work. *snort* I don't own anything snappy. I don't know. We'll see what doesn't look bulgy when I try it on.

And on that note, I've got to go to bed.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the outfit. I can offer no advice, as I am one of the few women in the world whose husband makes her go shopping for new clothes because current wardrobe is so old.

Here's to happy kitchen floor laying, too!

Anonymous said...

When in doubt, I go for comfort. It always works because even if my attire doesn't fit the occasion, I can look around at how uncomfortable everyone else is and feel good about being dressed wrong. :)

Becca said...

I'm at the point now with my wardrobe where everything screams 'frumpy mom!!!' I need to work on this. Good luck finding that perfect outfit.

Melora said...

I'm sure you'll look absolutely lovely, but probably no one would notice even if you Did wear the belted kaftan, because they will be so busy admiring your too adorable children! The cute holiday sweater is a nice, easy choice, though.

Dy said...

Melora, LOL! The kids are a great diversionary tactic, aren't they?

Oh, Staci, I have sweaters that would qualify for Antique Plates at the DMV. Sadly, also, if I walk into Denny's around 4PM, it's usually guaranteed there will be at least one person over 70 wearing the same sweater I have on. It's that bad. I did inherit some lovely things from a cousin, but none of them really shout "MOM" of anything. :-)

I went w/ comfy (though unflattering) jeans, lace-up boots, and a turtleneck w/ a sweater over it. The sweater has beads on it, which kept Miss Emily happy and I could pretend they were festive. :-)

I also forgot my camera, but Me-Tae took pictures, so I'll post some of the kids when she sends them to us.

Dy