Saturday, November 4

It's Down!

The floor, that is. Well, and Blogger's photo upload utility, it seems. But initially, I meant the floor. It's okay, though. I will try again tomorrow for a better picture. The ones from tonight are not only a bit dark, but they're kind of wobbly and off kilter. I'm hoping that's me, and not the floor.

However, there is now a floor, a Real Floor, in the hallway. It's so pretty! It feels SO good. Thankfully, it's a high-traffic residential/low-traffic commercial grade surface, because otherwise we'd wear the finish off from all our touching it and shuffling our stocking feet up and down the hall.

Miss Emily seemed to understand that this is just for her. She rolled around on it, played on it, crawled to and fro (giggling the entire time) on it, and dragged toys out of the nursery to play with in the hall. (She has never brought a toy out of the nursery.)

We couldn't keep the boys off of it. We asked them to wait until it was completely installed before they played on it: you'd have thought we told them we'd be serving only gruel from now until Christmas. When exiled to their room, they sat, wedged three abreast, in the doorway, peering out into the hall with the most pathetic big-eyed expressions I've ever seen. By the time we finished, they'd just about worn themselves out fidgeting and asking if it was done yet.

In all, we're happy with the way it goes in. We like the way it looks (and feels! Oh, my!) Our goal now is to go to bed before midnight (it's 11:44 now) and try to get up early enough that perhaps we can complete the project tomorrow. Baseboards will have to wait until the next payday, so the pictures won't show the completely finished project, but it's a far sight better than it was a year ago. Or last week, even.

And now I'm going to slide down the hall and off to bed!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures. I love how you described the kids' reactions....too cute! I hope that you guys can move like the wind and get a lot done today. I'll be thinking of y'all dancin' around on your new floors!

Becca said...

Hooray!! How wonderful! I love picturing Miss Emily going to town on the new floor all for her. Can't wait to see the pictures.

J-Lynn said...

WoooooHooooooo the day is finally here! It didn't seem real until the kids (and adults) could slide down the hallway in socks! WOoooooooooHoooooooooooo!!!

OK, we're losers and missed church. again. And yesterday went well, I figured a lot things out and were able to convey them properly. You'd be proud of me. ;-)

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Did you sign the bottom? :-)

A FLOOR! Hip, hip, hooray!

ang said...

I am so happy you got the floor in. Sounds like the baby approves :)

Anonymous said...

That's great! May you enjoy your floors in the best of health!

Needleroozer said...

Hurrah! Way to go!
I am going to try to call you early tomorrow my time (goal is to be up by 6), to tell you about the extremely wierd thing that happened this morning. Really wild.
Hugs,
LB

Brandie said...

Yeah for finishing the floor! I'd be playing along with the kids if I were tehre too LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures :)

Donna Boucher said...

You knows I love the pictures :o)

The floor is beautiful.
Those round cheeked babies are delicious!

I think we should see a picture of the hard-working sweaty parents to put it all in true perspective.

You must be bushed!

Well done!