Tuesday, November 14

Weird.

Well, the computer has been acting up. The average page load takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes. So, no blogging, no returned emails, and no checking in on anyone. I *think* the problem is at bay for the moment, so figured I'd do something productive, like, um, well, blog. Wouldn't want to do something like pay bills until we know it's completely fixed, right? ;-)

Thought maybe I'd switch to beta, and ring in the new week with a fresh look for the blog, but Blogger won't let me switch. The help page listed several factors for not being able to switch over, the only one of which this blog might qualify for is the size. "Very large blog", which, honestly, I didn't think it was all that big. But then, I suppose if I saved all my dustballs every day for five years, that'd be a pretty big dustball. Put in perspective like that, yeah, I can see it.

Miss Emily has traction shoes now. We'll see how that works out tomorrow.

Smidge hasn't played in his room all weekend. He plays on "us new floor". He talks to the floor, too.

Zorak and I went back a few nights ago to read the posts from this time last year. We laughed, we exhaled a huge composite sigh of relief and gratitude. We got up and slid around the living room in our socks. The boys are no longer sleeping in a tent in the kitchen for warmth. The boys won't remember most of the hard stuff. Heck, they don't even remember last Thanksgiving. They thought we spent it with Melissa and her family, but that was two years ago - so, fortunately, they seem to have blocked most of last fall from their memories completely! WOOHOO!

Everybody here, from Zorak down to Miss Emily, with the exception of myself, has succombed to The Ick. They're not feeling so hot, so they've just watched movies and hung out near the Kleenex box. I spent two hours at the dentist this morning, having my jaw removed, beaten into a different shape, and then reattached with bailing wire (or so it seems, based on the residual pain), so everybody was kind enough to let me lie on the futon and whimper quietly for most of the afternoon.

I really hope the rest of this week goes well. I'm too tired to take on anything else. And on that note, it's time to check on the wee ones and head for bed, myself.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am no computer expert but two things we had to do when we found the computer sluggish. Add memory. and also defrag. Don't know if this helps you at all.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm feeling much better about making that appointment with the dentist now. :}

((hugs)) Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon.