Saturday, November 11

WE LIVED!

YESSSS! The feeling we have right now is tantamount to the sensation that causes people to yank up goal posts and run laps around the field. Zorak's "Plan A" worked well. Astoundingly well. I've got to say, this is why I'm not an engineer. Had it been up to me to formulate a plan in the first half of the alphabet, I'd be either buried underneath hundreds of pounds of splintered wood and hinges, or I'd be still (two days later) taking the thing apart, one screw at a time. Thankfully, he "gets" how this stuff works, and we managed to lift, load, move, and replace a 6' x 4' cabinet grouping in one evening. No swearing. No running or screaming. And, best of all, no splinters!

We're still three rows shy of completing the kitchen, but today was productive. We got the ceiling fan in the living room switched out, the bookshelves oiled and restocked, the corner hutch oiled and loaded. We've thrown out a ton of paperwork (yay!) and can once again see the dining table. Oh, and we finally, honestly, seriously, have-the-confirmation-in-hand, ordered a cabinet. The bookshelf will soon be liberated from kitchen captivity and left free to roam the... um, other rooms... ok, the metaphor breaks down pretty darned rapidly. It's late. I'm tired. Happy, but not terribly articulate.

James really doesn't like the new furniture arrangement, and he's hoping we are simply subjecting him to one of our less-than-humorous jokes.

Miss Emily is in dire need of little shoes with traction. She keeps trying to stand, but about 3/4 of the way up, her feet splay out and down she goes. I wish she had some hair to cover the little round impact marks on her forehead. :-S

Smidge has decided he is "fast, fast, fast!" Fortunately, the hall ends at a doorway and not a wall, as he can't quite stop, stop, stop just yet.

And John, wow, what a little worker bee he's been! He regularly requests projects to do, although today's came with the request that he have "something constructive, not destructive". I guess breaking down box after box of flooring stuff loses its appeal after a while. So, he was put in charge of sorting and arranging the videos and music, and he did a great job.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you, though I feel for Miss Emily.

Anonymous said...

We just discoverd lots of mold in our bathroom and started tearing it to pieces. I wrote a little about it on my blog. I was hoping you had some advice, or encouragment, or something... anything... we are in way over our heads.

Bob and Claire said...

Man, what is it that you guys eat?! (whining) Why can't we have the productive kind of days that you all have?! That is so impressive! We, let's see, well, hmmm, we read a lot of books on the couch. Oh, I did finally make banana bran muffins, successfully using up the brown bananas on the counter, so that has to count for something. No furniture was moved or any big project accomplished, that's for sure! Anna sends her best wishes to Emily and wishes they were close enough to compare bumps, LOL. : )

uniquematerial said...

Wow! You have gotten a lot done!

I haven't visited in a while so let me tell you, you have made progress.

It's hard for you to see because it's so incremental. It's easy for me to see because it's before and after.

Pat yourself on the back and take a deep breath. You are doing fine.

Needleroozer said...

THings are busy here, but check in with me in the am. He took 3rd in the open H.I.!!!!!
LB