Monday, June 12

Well, it *looked* hot...

It got pretty warm this morning, so I closed up the windows in an attempt to keep the house relatively cool. It got so hot inside that the playdoh lost its structural integrity. It was playgruel. That's just gross. The dog had food and water, two loads of wash had already been hung, so we didn't venture outside at all. We just lingered on flat surfaces and wilted.

Then Zorak came home. And the breeze that followed him in was *~*~*heavenly*~*~*. What the--? When did it get so nice outside? I bolted out the door and sure enough, the air was cool and breezy. Well, you don't have to tell me twice! I switched out the wash, threw open the windows and stuck fans in most of them, then interrupted a rather intense game of MouseTrap to inform the boys that it is beautiful outside and I don't know when this will happen again, so go, go, GO! We then we spent the evening on the porch. That was really weird. But I'm thankful for the reprieve.

Tomorrow, we're ditching lessons to go run errands and play with friends. The boys did math, Latin, and reading on Saturday and Sunday this past week, in addition to our regularly scheduled work week, so we can afford to call a spare. What a great option that is to have!

Hey, does anybody know where one can still purchase training underpants? They are cut like regular little kid undies, but are thicker and more absorbent. (So the mess clings to the clothing, which is a far sight better than trailing it about the house.) I tried three different Wal-Marts and one Target, but they only carry regular undies in Very Small Sizes and those Pull-Ups. I bought the Pull-Ups, but they're a tad too absorbent to really engage the give-a-sh*t gear in a toddler.

Wow, and the dog has figured out how to open the front door if it's not deadbolted. (He just let himself in.) That would explain a lot... We also need to reinforce our fencing. He's found the neighbors, and the neighbors are not happy. I wouldn't be, either, if a 50-pound, snarling, ridgebacked moose came traipsing onto my property. So, that's a priority to be added to the top of the list. Lovely way to meet the neighbors. We should have invited them over before now, but they're related to the people who built the place and... yeah, it's just awkward all the way around. Maybe after we've had the place bush-hogged again and we've fixed the fencing, we'll slip over and invite them for coffee and a look at Balto's rabies tag?

OK, well, I am going to try to get a couple of hours of sleep without Miss Emily's company (she is wrecking havoc on my neck, and I can't move my head far at all - I look like I'm recovering from a particularly rough bout of spinal meningitis at the moment).

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

Thom said...

"the give a sh*t gear in a toddler"...BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OMgosh,that's funny...I think because (even in MY limited experience)it's SO true. Good luck finding those training underpants.

H said...

How disappointing. I don't comment on your blog for days, and the first thing I think of to say is in regards to training pants.

Sheesh!

Anyway, I've found them at Toys R Us before. You might try calling one of those children's/baby/maternity-type stores. They might have them.

Now that we're at our vacation destination, I'm enjoying my coffee. We'd avoided it on the road because we're a bit leery of roadside coffee.

Life is too short to drink roadside coffee while hurtling across the country at high speeds.

Hoping the weather will stay cool and breezy until the A/C is installed,
Hillary :)

Jennie C. said...

I've always gotten the training undies at target. They are in the Gerber section, by the cloth diapers, though last I checked they weren't selling the covers to go with the diapers. Good luck!

Dy said...

Thanks, guys. I'll check out those places.

Hillary - Circle K coffee is the best on the road. It rocks. It's worth doing. I don't know if they have Circle K en route for you, but if they do, you can stop for coffee with peace of mind. :-)

Dy

Bob and Claire said...

Hmmm, we got our training pants from a neighbor in Colorado back when our oldest was still in utero. She didn't need them anymore, and I could foresee (barely!) needing them some time in the future, so I took them and stored them for a few moves. But now I guess if they are hard to find, then it was worth it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I realize this may sound like totally gross, but when my kids were potty training, I got all their potty training underwear from garage sales. Yes, they were gross, but nothing that a lot of bleach and a couple of washings can't fix. I just looked online and found some at babycenter.com, and they're like 10 bucks for 3 prs of trainign pants. Um, 'scuse me? 10 bucks for something my kid is gonna crap in in 20 minutes flat??? Even I don't pay $3.33 for a pair of underwear for myself!

I say get some shower caps from Walmart (cut some leg holes), some size 2T underwear and slap in on that kid of yours. It's gotta be better than peeing on the floor in a corner!
:-)
lol

-dawn

J-Lynn said...

Pull-Ups have a new type out now called "cool alert" that may do the trick. I use "learning designs" for nightime since none of my kids cared if the stars/hearts disappeared when they peed....LOL

Anonymous said...

I bought mine at Babies R Us. They have, I think, three different levels of protection. The one's I bought were thick, with their own plastic coating.
Also, Pampers has a "Feel and Learn" type of pull up. But, that adds up, price wise.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dy I'm so there with you!!! I haven't tried to buy any b/c I just know I have some packed away somewhere. Pullups are just not doing it for Duncan, and I got the cutest Finding Nemo underpants (not panties, not panties!) for him, but he wet 3 pr of those in 20 minutes (how DID he get that much pee stored up?), I think it was the breeze that did him in, lol. I am going to have to give in and buy some -- of course right after I do that I'll find the ones I packed away. They probalby have cute little lambies or something pink on them, though, LOL!