Sunday, June 4

Trip Pics and Stuff

OK, I have more photos, but Blogger Photo Upload Utility is ignoring me now, so this is it for tonight.

The children, the dog and I only made it as far west as Las Cruces. While Zorak had to go and toil, the rest of us basked in the New Mexico sun...








picked cactus to make fresh nopalitos (well, Zorak was back with us for that)...


enjoyed visiting family...


(and ate green chile until our nostrils gave up and fell off... It was heavenly!)

Balto got thoroughly spoiled at Aunt B's...


So did Miss Emily (well, she got spoiled everywhere we stopped, but this was the last photo Blogger would let me upload in one post.)



I know the mere thought of traveling with two children, a toddler, a baby, and a puppy might make some people recoil and gag, but we had a blast. They're all great travelers, and we had a lot of fun. Everybody was so great about the noise and chaos we brought with us. The trip was long enough that we were able to enjoy seeing everyone and didn't have to do the fifteen-minute visit/pit stop/run routine. We had such a great time - not the most eloquent post, but true. I'll blog the more, erm, interesting aspects of the trip tomorrow, when I'm feeling a bit more awake, er... refreshed. Yeah, refreshed. However, that's where we've been and what we've been up to - what about you? I've missed making the rounds and will be catching up, slowly but surely, over the week (but let me know if I missed anything really exciting, okay?)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dog got so big, so fast!

Sounds like a great trip! Welcome back. Good luck with the house.

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like you had a blast. What a fun trip!

Rebel
http://www.mindspring.com/rebel_hart

Mamabird said...

The only problem with that last photo is that we can't see your new red 'do! Please share!

(And welcome home!)

Mamabird

Dy said...

Mamabird, I WISH that was me, but alas, it's not - that's a cousin's daughter - the one who is now the age I was when Zorak and I met. She looks so... young. *sigh* But I'll see if we can get a picture of the new red 'do.

momanna - yes, that dog is HUGE! He didn't feel quite so big and tough next to Great-Granny's Great Pyrenees, and he is pretty sure he's not a dog at all, now, but a short human with house rights and couch space all his own. :-D

Hi Rebel - it's good to see you!

Dy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a great trip! Good to see you posting again, too. Emily is adorable, just like all your kids!

mere

Amber said...

Great pics, thank you for posting them!! You have some seriously cute kids!

Needleroozer said...

Wow! That was fun! What great pictures!
Now you have gone and done it. You have thoroughly shamed my meager, picture-lacking blog with your gorgeous pics, and yes, I still need to learn how to load my pics onto the computer, and post link titles in my sidebar, thank you very much! :-) LOL.
I need be posting pics! It is so cool to see them on others' blogs.
Glad you had such a great time. It was fun to talk to you on your moonless cactus walk.
Hugs to you, all your men, and your litle lady.
TTFN,
LB, who also dyed her hair, with that box of red that's been sitting on my dressing table for a month!
;-)