Friday, June 9

Family is Special

Family doesn't always mean blood relatives. Sometimes, yes, but sometimes there are bonds much tighter than DNA. Regardless of where we're blessed to find these bonds, we need not lose sight of them amidst all the hullabaloo and details of the Things That Don't Matter.

Today, the children and I spent a lot of time working together, working on manners and obedience. It didn't go smoothly, but it did go well. The day ended catching fireflies and laughing, sharing a story over gooey pieces of a WF version of Texas Sheet Cake we'd made this morning (came out more like brownies - but who's complaining, right?) We spent a little time today caught up on the little things, but pulled out of that nose dive in time to salvage the day and enjoy one another.

And then... Aunt B called to let us know that Gram has some health concerns. I won't go into too much detail, as I want to be certain to respect Gram's privacy and don't know how much the family would want shared. But you know, as I've blogged before, she's a special woman who has gifted this world with an incredible family, and I'd like to ask your prayers.

When you're in your mid-90's, things are bound to get a little wonky from time to time. And doctors tend to think it's all just elderly frailty. I am so, so thankful Aunt B knows her Mom isn't frail, even by AARP standards, and that she's such an awesome advocate for Gram. Thanks to her insistence that someone LISTEN, things will go better for Gram.

In the meantime, your prayers would be much appreciated. She's so special to so many people. Please remember her, her family, and her physicians over the next few days. Thank you so much.

Kiss those babies, and Grams!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be in prayer for Grams, Aunt B, and her situation.

l/d

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

((hugs)) Dy. We will be praying.

J-Lynn said...

Praying for Gram!

Amber said...

I'll keep her in my prayers, I hope things start looking better soon for her. Thank goodness she has such a wonderful advocate - we've really seen how important that is these past couple years in dealing with my grandparent's myriad health issues.

I've never heard of Texas Sheet Cake before so I googled the recipe - it looks yummy! I wonder if I could make a dairy-free version... I really hope no one in my family develops a wheat problem because I think I'd just have to cry. Can you imagine having to cook wheat and dairy free all the time? Ack!