Thursday, June 22

Home Remodeling Tip #237

Paint the darned trim before the weather turns hot. Even if you're tired of painting trim. Even if you are burned out on paint, period. Even if you must do it hunched over like Quasimodo, with three children and a baby hanging off your dangly bits. Yes, do it. It's not going to get any easier before Halloween, so just get it over with.

*whew*

Got the topcoat put on the bars and muntins of *one* of the boys' windows. Got most of the window trim painted purple (yeah, that was intentional). Have to wait to paint the stoop and the apron because they'll be yellow. No blue on the windows now, as we're moving all-things-blue to Smidge and Emily's room next month. (A pink and blue room - how cute, yet painfully cliche!)

Textured the linen closet. Will prime that tonight and paint it in the morning. Yay!

Went to Sears today and purchased THIS. It will be here July 5th. Can you feel the joy emanating from your monitor? I'll yell you, if my mother-in-law wasn't coming a few days before then, I'd probably put a moratorium on all things clothing related until then. *grin* I'll spare her the grim task of witnessing that, though, and at least try to keep up in the meantime.

Zorak has all the ventilation runs removed and ready to clean. That has been, to put it mildly, a disgusting venture. I'd rather do laundry!

And... I think I'm supposed to be cooking supper right now, but this is the first time that particular item has managed to wriggle its way to the forefront of my mind. Guess I'd better go figure that out!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

J-Lynn said...

I'm laughing my rear off at your "dangly bits" comment! WhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Geo is laughing too.

We love you. I'm jumping up and down about the washer/dryer. Or er-I would be if I could. I've got a baby too ya know. ;-)

Dangly bits! Oh My! I'd love to sit and watch Monty Python with you two!

Amber said...

Yippee, how exciting!!! Now for an HVAC and you'll really be living in style. *grin*

And painting trim - ick! Painting is definitely not my favorite thing in the world to do. I wish I was better at it though. Everything I've painted has really only come out so-so and it still takes so much effort!

Dy said...

Jess, if you didn't have babies and dangly bits, too, I'd swear you were laughing at me... ;-)

Amber, sadly, it seems the only thing that helps with trimwork is practice. To me, that's right up there w/ praying for patience in the "how dumb is the way this works" category. Zorak recommended thinning the paint, but I'm not going to try actuall pouring, mixing, or altering anything until he takes the children o-u-t while I paint. Then, I might get creative. Until then, if it sticks to the walls, I'm good. (In other words, when all else fails, I lower my standards.)

Dy

Anonymous said...

Umpph. Why can't I get a laundry center like that in England. I think I might go on a hunt. You must be exicted about the 5th July :)