Monday, June 5

I checked the post office today...

Well, we had a lot of junk mail, many offers to refinance and get a home equity loan, a couple of utility bills, a few boxes (Jess, nothing in there was wet, even the bag itself was bone dry - I have no idea what they were talking about - weird).

But no certified letter.

So, I called Wonderful Realtor to ask her, "Is no news good news at this point?" I had no idea if they'd send an all-clear, or just let if fade into the abyss. She said she didn't think they'd bother with an all-clear notification, and with the deadline this far gone (it was the 19th of May) and no certified letter in our hot little hands by now, well...

THE FOREVER HOME IS OURS!!!!!!!!!

It's really, really ours! Yay! Yippee!! JOY OH JOY!

*~*~* happy dance *~*~*

*giggle*

Ahhhh....

Alrighty, then. I can drop that stiff upper lip and slump back on the couch now, eh? A friend summed it up well when she said she sure hoped we didn't have to drink that half-full glass. Yeah. Me, too. :-)

Now we can get down to business!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news!
Rejoicing with you,
GrammaMack

Anniesue said...

Congratulations! What great news! Now you can start working on it! (How do you make blogger wink?)

Fe said...

Fabulous news:-)

So glad to hear it:-)

I have no doubt you'll continue to enjoy your Forever Home—all the more now that it really _can_ be forever:-)

Staci Eastin said...

Fantastic! I'm so happy I'm having trouble spelling!!

*Dancing with you*

Hurray!

Staci

Thom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

WHEW!

Now, I'd be interested in what that relative of a previous owner has to share about *YOUR* place.

Snoopy dance!

Anonymous said...

Weeeeeeee!

Congratulations!

Bob and Claire said...

Oh, that is so great! What a huge relief! : )

Patty in WA or Rover said...

Yip Yip Yip Yahoooooo!

Ohowwwwwwwww!

Whee!

It's about time!!!!

Wonderful news. And now I can start praying for something else for you.

I am so glad for you and yours.

Emily said...

WOO-HOO!! That is awesome!! Congrats you guys, go celebrate :)

~Em

Amy said...

Wooo Hoooooooo! I'm thrilled. Party party party!

I must say that I'm slightly worried about what "down to business" means. Have you not been down to business? I'm concerned, Dy, thrilled for you, but concerned ;)!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

YAY!!!!!

I'm so very glad that you'll get to stay!

Amber said...

That's wonderful news!! I was so excited to read your post earlier today I had to run out and tell Matt the news. :-) We're both really happy for your family, and we're looking forward to reading many great stories as you continue to settle into and improve your Forever Home.

Bridget said...

That is so incredibly wonderful!!! Now you can take that deep breath and maybe not stress as much. Congratulations!!!
Bridget

Donna Boucher said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

Donna-doin' the rumba :o)

Anonymous said...

Most Excellent!

mere

ang said...

That is wonderful news!Congratulations to your family on your forever home really being your forever home :) Is the house asking for anything for the celebration? hehe

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a relief to have that concern behind you!

hornblower said...

Hurray!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo!!!
So happy for you and your clan to finally have that Forever Home, Forever Yours!!
-dawn

Anonymous said...

Wahoooooo!!
Cheering with you!!

Congratulations on YOUR forever home.
Love, Verena

Melora said...

Hooray!!! Big, big sigh of relief!
Cordially,
Melora

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you all. Enjoy your forever home!

Kathy