Tuesday, May 9

Progress?

Gah!

Well, I thought I'd get quite creative and try refilling our ink cartridges. In the past four hours, I have not accomplished my goal, but I have learned much. Here's what I've learned:

Epson is a vile company that makes lousy products.

Crafty people have found ways to handle that.

These people, while having my absolute awe, scare me.

I actually own one of those "resetters" - and had no idea. LOL.

I don't have the dexterity to be a surgeon.

...or to refill cartridges.

These things bleed like stuck pigs when you don't do it right.

I don't care how much I could save, theoretically, because I'd spend that much in cleaning materials to get the ink out of my clothes, my sink, my hands, my teeth (don't ask).

And, it's now two-thirty and I don't have the boys' pages ready for tomorrow yet.

We need more workbooks.

We are going to BAM tomorrow to buy some workbooks to tide us over until The Purchase Of The New Printer happens.

I think, on my List of Priorities, a new printer actually falls before a stackable washer/dryer set. If it didn't before, it certainly does now. Blech.

Kiss those babies!
Dy

5 comments:

Jennie C. said...

LOL! My beloved once refilled the ink cartridge...ONCE! He deemed thereafter that it was well worth the money to buy a new one!

Anonymous said...

Check out the Canon Pixma IP4000. It's great.

Anonymous said...

I've never been an ink jet person. I prefer laser printers. Sure, the toner is more expensive, but it doesn't dry out, we don't need color and it takes us years to go through a toner cartridge.

Also, you ever considered making your own workbooks? The boys might get a kick out of it, and they could decorate them too.

-Matt

Hmm...I just realized that you probably don't mean "notebook" when you say "workbook". Now, the bit about buying workbooks because the printer doesn't work makes a lot more sense. :-)

Sheila said...

With some practice, you'll only stain 2 or 3 fingers.
Did you use that little screw drill thing to make the holes. I used my Dremel. Love the Dremel.
A magic eraser will get the ink off the sink.
Alcohol will get the ink out of white Berber carpet.
Nothing gets the ink off skin and gloves don't help.

That said, I only refill the Cannon. I just buy new Epson cartridges.

Dy said...

Hmmm, good tips, guys. Thanks!

Dy