Monday, May 29

Ahhh, relief!

I second Andie's sentiment: God bless the Hyland's folks!! Some of the family got a kick out of it over the weekend, so the running joke is "What's a little belladonna among friends?" I am so glad we're not wire tapped, you know? Anyway, I don't know if the little blue chemical-filled teething ring will survive the gnawing she's giving it, but thanks to the Hyland's folks, we will. OH yeah, life is good.

All is well on this end. Balto dog is going to make a very good dog one day. He's been introduced to several other critters over the past week or so - ranging from pups his size to small older dogs, a couple of chihuahuas and a newly mobile kitten - and he's done quite well. We honestly didn't know how he would do, and there's always that little bit of nervous energy (ok, gut-wrenching anxiety) over whether you've got the dog that simply feels no other animals should be allowed to live in his presence. But no, he's quite sociable, it seems. Yay, Balto Dog! (Still tick-free, too! Yay, Dr. English!!)

So much has been going on here, yet when I sit down to write I can't always think how to put it together - some has to wait a bit (family stuff), some just isn't that interesting (I dyed my hair red), and some of it would sound pretty odd (as in, she's drinking, isn't she?) if I shared it before I shared the rest of it.

So, brief highlights:

Humidity - my hair actually likes it, and evidently so does my skin. Still not thrilled about needing an anti-wrinkle cream with non-comedogenic zit preventer, but what can I do about that, other than complain?

Small Legos - the Marquis de Sade's own personal Montessori School. It's the next phase in parental torture through child play!

Hand-me-downs from someone who actually likes to shop - WOW, that is so much fun!

UPS - I love UPS. *heart* (I don't know how to make the symbol appear in blogger.)

Grass - if you're from the Southwest, guess what - grass can (and will) grow on its own down here! Even if you don't water it! Even if you let the kids play on it! And from where we stand, that is downright terrifying.

"Two half" is the cutest, sweetest little way of saying, "Why, yes, I'm two and a half years old, thank you." Maybe it's the smile that follows, or the little shrug of his shoulders. Whatever it is, it makes me feign total ignorance of how old he is, just to hear him say it again.

And we've gotta get a pool! *whew*

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Melora said...

Glad you guys are having so much fun! (and that Balto is still tick free!!).
"Two half" is too cute. He really is precious!
I have been greatly disappointed to find that I am never going to have a "good skin" period of my life (past puberty, that is). Now I have wrinkles And, if I neglect the antiwrinkle/pimple cream, pimples.
How about a picture of the red hair? I used to try to dye mine occasionally, but it never came out well.
Cordially,
Melora

Emily said...

Glad things are going well for you guys! You know you are acclimated to your surroundings when you say good things about the humidity. LOL!!

I am no longer a regular blog reader due to the nice weather. But I promise to play catch up asap :)

Take carea and tell the fam "Hey!" from us!

~Em

Laney said...

YAY!!! You're back!

We got a pool, too. There is no other way to survive the summer.

Bob and Claire said...

Great to see an update, and glad to hear everything is going well. I can't even imagine the humidity down there. It's making it seem less attractive to me, LOL! : )

Thom said...

Sounds like good stuff going on around there! "Two half"---AWWWWWWWW!!! And you really must expound on the red hair:do you like it? What do the kids think? Zorak? Sure do wish we could see what it looked like(hint-hint!). :0)

melissa said...

Hey girl! just popping in super quick-like to say "hey"! I am living among the land of the insanely busy people. But I'm loving it! I haven't had to time to catch up on everyone's blogs, but I did manage to post a few pics on mine (gasp!). Can't believe that Miss Emily is old enough to be chowing down on the blue teether already!

ang said...

Hello Dy! Well we finished our fence this weekend! It took forever half way through we realized that we had enough posts but not enough fence. It was hard work and at times I wanted to through the towel in but it looks fantastic after it was finished we splurged on a pool! No not the in ground kind. The walmart 150 dollar kind its 4 foot deep and 16 feet wide its heaven! I swear I got on a raft and floated around it felt like I was floating on a cloud. The kids love it! ( two half is too cute :)

Anonymous said...

I repeatedly ask my grandson what he had at McDonalds/for supper/with his french fries just to hear the cute way he says "hamburger." "Ham-ger-ber-ger-ber" is close but doesn't convey the extreme cuteness of it. ;-D
GrammaMack

Anonymous said...

I have been reading for over a year, since following a link on the boards at TPP. I lived in SOMD as well and before you moved to MD, we had spoken in PM regarding apartments. I wasn't much help as I was taking college courses at the time and was quite preoccupied. Anyway, I wanted to let you know where I was coming from with this post out of the blue.

I have been thinking of you and wondering about the ROR date. I am hoping that it has passed and the Forever Home is truly yours FOREVER. Your writings and musings are wonderful. I truly enjoy your blog.

pilgrimama said...

You must be busy,Dy. I don´´t go online for a week or so and when I return there is only one post! Unheard of! Actually,I think I also get more done on my internet fasts! Sorry about the teething-I hear you! Small Legos? Oh, please! I'm keeping the Duplos out as long as possible! Sometimes there are lots of little highlights that brighten up our days but don´t really translate into writable news- that's ok.Glad for you! Marcella