Monday, May 22

Blogging Fast!

As in "refraining from", rather than "doing so quickly". Yeah, the ambiguity of the title hit me four paragraphs later. This is my brain - this is my brain on wine. No, I'm not drunk, but I did entertain the idea of writing the entire entry in "buzz lisp", just for fun. Does punch drunk count? So, eesh, talk about just falling off the face of the earth. Suffice it to say, when there's no blogging getting done, there is plenty of actual *work* getting done. Boring as that translates to type, it is pretty good stuff.

John has matching bruises on his forehead now. I'm not sure how he got the full set, but it could have happened at any point in the last few days. I could tell even he saw the pattern when he came to me and said in an exasperated voice, "Mom, I hit my head AGAIN!" Sure do hope his skull is nice and thick, as it doesn't seem like he's going to be easing up on it anytime soon.

Update on the Frontline tick medicine... *angels sing the Hallelujah Chorus* WOW oh, wow, Balto has been tick-free for nearly a week! Six blissful days of rolling in the grass, wrestling with the boys, and still being allowed back inside at the end of the day. I think the humans aren't the only ones who are thrilled with this stuff.

The boys went swimming today and -- OKAY, so who has my real children? Huh? Seriously, these are good imitations, but not mine -- they both swam under water, crawled on the bottom (granted, the shallow water, but still - voluntarily submerged themselves and stayed there). Didn't plug their noses. You can try, but there's always going to be some giveaway that'll tip us off to the changelings left in our midst. Seriously, though, it was an occasion for high-fives all-around. I think this may be a banner year for John, too, if he will quit accepting visits from the Bad Idea Fairy. (That's a whole other blog entry unto itself, by the way. He has taken the whole "I'm Six" thing to an HNL, folks - God help us.)

So, in-all, things are going well. We haven't heard anything yet from the people, but they have ten days to contact us after their people's last day and so on and so forth and then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about... um, something like that. Whatever. I'm good with the whole "no news is a cliche, but one I'm willing to run with". Yay!!

This sweet baby girl is needing to be moved (she feels like she weighs a ton, although we buy potatoes and onions in larger weights - what's up with that?)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Staci Eastin said...

You know, a few of us thought we were going to have to send out a posse. Glad you're okay and doing well!

Staci

Melora said...

Glad to know all is well (that's what you get for being a good, regular blogger -- you take a few days to live your life, and people start to worry!)! It sounds as if you've been busy and having fun! Now that I'm dealing with 7 years going on 8, 6 years old was such a sweet age! I had No Idea that 7 would be so teenage-y.
Cordially,
Melora

Anonymous said...

I just realized how selfish I was! It was all about ME and MY need to read your blog. Then Andie emailed and I got worried ("Home Renovation Turns Tragic" was the headline in my head last night). Prayers were said. I'm glad to hear you are well. You are certainly entitled to take a few days off. Just tell us first, ok??
Jennifer

ang said...

Hello Dy,

Im saying prayers for you all that you hear nothing and the forever home is yours forever :) I have a good feeling that everything is going to go wonderfully!