Wednesday, May 24

Chuckles

Don't you love the things that make you chuckle? Gretchen's comment yesterday got me thinking about that (by the way, Gretchen - can you email me? I can't find your addy. Thanks!)

There are so many things that make me chuckle ~ Smidge's vocabulary, John's uncoordination, James' insistence that time travel is possible if only we could... *insert new theory here*

They make my head spin sometimes, all three of them, but they also make me smile, make me feel warm and fuzzy, make me stop and enjoy this beautiful garden I'm tending. I think I smile more now than I ever did before I became a parent. What a great change to make in one's life!

Miss Emily seems to be teething. Or she has developed a hard-core Prima Dona attitude toward life, the universe and everything. Not to mention her particular frustration toward her servants erm, family. But we think it's just teething. And I think I'd rather it be a 'tude - a bad attitude, we can correct, but teething we're just going to have to weather. *WHINE* She's not any happier about the process, though, either, and just now (after four in the afternoon) she passed out for her first real nap of the day. I called Zorak and, thankfully, he will pick up some Hyland's on the way home. Nothing like a good narcotic to make things all better (said in my best sing-song voice).

Zorak's cousin's daughter (did I loose ya?) headed out to the Great Northwest this week. She's off on a great adventure, and already has several job interviews awaiting her there. This is exciting, as we've watched her grow and mature over the years. But then it got a bit weird when Zorak and I realized she is now the age I was when he and I met. YIKES! How'd THAT happen? NO NO NOOOO! *sigh* But they don't listen... :-) Ah, well, she is doing so well and is off to a great start. (But just for the record, I'm not aging at the same rate she is... okay? Just so we're all clear.)

Well, I know this is short, but Smidge and Miss Emily are sleeping, John is outside playing, and James has been waiting patiently for a few days for just such an opportunity to play a little Snakes and Ladders with Mom. In this case, I'm Mom, and so that means I'd better get off here and go pick my color before I end up at the end of the line! Have a great afternoon, and enjoy those babies - in every way you can, and all the chuckles they bring.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Randi said...

It is so weird to see the kids around us grow up! A boy we have known for years is getting married in July--Married! That means that he will probably become a father in the next few years too. This is really odd considering the fact that he was just playing with light sabers a few years ago! BUT--he is the same age as Craig and I when we married--AARGH! When did I get old?

CarolynM said...

Tell James that I also believe in time travel -- it's the best way to explain people like Jules Verne and Leonardo DaVinci!!! (wink)

Amber said...

I hear ya on the teething bit, isn't it fun? It is amazing how much it changes their personalities! I feel for them though... welcome to the world little one, and how about some sharp things trying to work their way through your nice tender gums? We've been using the NaturaBio teething drops with a great deal of success (yay for the non-lactose based remedies!) I hope the Hyland's helps!

Anonymous said...

God bless the Hyland's folks. Ella is working on all four molars. God bless the Hyland's folks.

Dh's cousin was Madeline's age when we started dating. She has two kids now. Everytime I see her I expect to ask her how high school is, instead I realize I should be asking how her son's PRESCHOOL is. Oy.

Melora said...

I just love their open-mindedness! I don't know about time travel, but stuff like quarks and particle physics seem magical and almost unbelievable to me, and it is the people who can believe in the impossible who can change the world!
Sorry about Emily's mood. I hope it passes quickly.
Cordially,
Melora