Wednesday, May 3

Kitchen Remodel Photos

Ok, so if I wait until it's completely finished, I'll probably be posting pics along with the boys' college graduation photos. SO, without further much more ado, here's the montage of the kitchen changes.

I feel compelled to point out a few things, first, though.

The barstool cushions look like that because small children spill myriad things on them... and I'm cleaning them TO-DAY. Ew. I was tempted to edit that part out, but decided I'd shame myself into rectifying the situation, instead.

There are two bookshelves in the kitchen, doing pantry duty. We'll order the Swiss Army Cabinet later this month and it will go to the left of the sink counter. That'll absorb a lot of the clutter you see. Not all, but some. *grin*

Yes, the sink is not aligned with the window. That's not because we're aiming for an abstract kitchen. It's because when we replace the windows, it will be in the middle, and that window will span the wall.

Obviously, we still have no flooring (it will be hardwoods), or trim (someday...), or kickboards (they'll go up w/ the trim - they're in the basement, um, acclimating, now). So, still a bit to be done. But the progress has been good so far.

*Edited to add:
Jess, the range has a built-in griddle. The shiny silver flat spot to the right of the kettle is the cover for a huge, Waffle-House style griddle.
Also, if you click on the slideshow, each photo has a caption that explains a bit about what you're looking at.

Alright, already, I'll shut up - here are the Kitchen Remodel photos.

And, in case you missed the Bathroom Remodel, you can click here to see it.

It's not going to make it to Better Homes & Gardens, but it's certainly a Better Home - it's our Forever Home.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

18 comments:

Heidi said...

A wonderful transformation.

And it's May now. I'm holding my breath for you.

On photo 26, how do you get your trees to do that? {wink and grin}

I like the glowing gas burners photo.

Dy said...

Um... oops. Thank you! They are behaving like proper trees now. :-)

Dy

Mamabird said...

A-MAZ-ing! Your kitchen is so different I can't even get oriented when I look at the before and afters - I can't "see" the old when I look at the new, and vice-versa.

And your stove/oven/range is a thing of BEAUTY. Six burners! Good choice!

Thanks for sharing the pix - it's so fun to see how far you've come!

Karen

Treasured Grace said...

That's is so amazing, I love the before/after shots. You really get an understanding of HOW much work you guys have done. You are my hear of home renovations. Feel like coming to Canada to help me? LOL!

Melora said...

You guys are amazing!
That RANGE -- I am speechless!
I love the view out your window. It looks so green & lovely.

Kim said...

You are truly my hero, Dy. To be able to go through such extensive renovations without ending up in a straitjacket is amazing to me.

I love your kitchen cupboards.

J-Lynn said...

Oooooooh all the work you did is amazing but I too can't stop thinking about your stove. It's so...so...purdy AND practical - a housewifes dream...LOLDoes it have a pancake grill you can put on it? I can't believe I'm so excited over a stove. I'd be just as excited over a chocolate bar too, that's just sad.

It's stunny Dy! :-)

Jess

Amy said...

I am really amazed. That is such a wonderful kitchen - what a great family spot. I know just what you and the family could do if you ever want to start your own cottage industry. I have a kitchen that is just begging for ya'lls vision.

Amy in Apex

Anonymous said...

Besides the obvious, ya know what I love? The ADT stickers on the window! Just in case the next crime wave hits rural Alabama.

Love, love, love what you've done with the place, Dy!

-dawn

Amber said...

Thanks for the pictures, what a difference you and Zorak have made in there! Wow!! It really looks nice, I bet it is really nice to cook in there. It is hard to believe it is the same place - you two certainly have vision (and I don't mean the delusional kind *grin*)

I have a serious case of kitchen envy. :-) And my goodness, that range? A thing of beauty, that's for sure!

H said...

mold. Mold . MOLD!!!!

Zorak has my undying respect for willingly tackling that stuff.

Ick!!

The kitchen looks beautiful! I love the term "adobe ghetto" for the paint. It is not unlike the color I chose for our living room. I call it "orange dreamsicle." I am becoming more partial to adobe ghetto, however.

You all have done wonderful work, and I have to remind myself that you were pregnant while doing all of that work. Amazing!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful. Great job!

Rebel

Laney said...

Woo-Hooo!!! Can you hear me yelling all the way over in Alabama???? LOL

I love it! It looks so beautiful. You guys have worked so hard and you should be so proud!

Staci Eastin said...

I, too, have a serious case of range-envy. It's sooo lovely, all of it. Even the adobe-ghetto walls.

Staci

Anonymous said...

Adobe-ghetto! NOW THATS FUNNY!!!

Lets pretend you know this little fat kid who lives in Florida, do you think you can fix up a couple of Bront-a-souras burgers on that HUGE meatcooker you got there??? Holy cow, I think I could live in that range.

Things look good, I think the whole family has done a wonderful job fixin up the place. You're all invited to Florida for building the retaining wall season. Well its not really a season, its just going to take a season ... a Hockey Season.

Sorry I missed your call tonight, I was busy with work, which generally means that someone lost their liberties in exchange for three hots and a cot. I'll try to get a hold of you in the next few days (read a week into that promise). Until then, my best to you and yours!

James

Randi said...

You guys are doing a wonderful job! Your forever home looks like it is turning into a special place!

Anonymous said...

Im sure you have heard this before but you guys are amazing! Seriously you could do one of those home show makeovers anytime! That stove is so neat! I need something that big!

Thom said...

I am FEELIN' the stove-envy, over here!LOL! I'm lovin that island,too! The place looks great.I can just picture all the lovely meals that will be prepared and enjoyed in your awesome new kitchen! :0)