Saturday, November 5

The Remodel...

I don't know what day it is, twelfth? Now that Zorak's schedule has changed, things are a bit wonky. We get a half day of work in every weekday and then our full weekends. I feel like we're either there, or on the road. (And I would dearly love to know who sneaks in and trashes the apartment while we're gone!) We are, however, only about two weeks out from being able to move in. THAT is exciting. Doesn't translate well into words, I fear, but that's okay.

Yesterday we helped Ben & Claudia get their washer and dryer settled in, enjoyed lunch at the BBQ joint just behind their house (Sweet!), and then worked on our house for the rest of the day. Just around sunset, they came driving up for a visit. You'd have thought the boys had spotted Santa flying onto the property! "They've come! They're here! They're really here! They've come!" They shouted and cavorted with gusto I haven't seen since... well, since Christmas.

They stayed and visited for a bit. The boys ran amok. Their little David is quite a trooper - I don't know how he keeps up with the rest of 'em, but he sure does. Ben played with the fire and the boys. Claudia visited with me while I got a little work done. Zorak got to talk Building Things with Ben's dad. When darkness settled on the ol' homestead, we broke out glow sticks for the kids and threw some supper on the grill. (Yakitori for the boys and "steak on a stick" for the grownups! Yum!)

Zorak told Ben's parents that he really appreciated their positive feedback, as it helps to hear from someone that we aren't insane. They both instantly cracked up and announced, "Oh, no, Dear, you ARE insane! But it's good because you're doing it together." Heh Heh. Yeah, they get it.

They headed out to put their boys to bed and do more unpacking. (I think seeing our house in its current condition helped Claudia feel a little less overwhelmed with her place, which is all ritzy with walls and floors and such.) We stayed and worked until eleven, when the boys simply couldn't hang any longer. They all fell asleep as we loaded them into the Suburban, so the ride home was awfully quiet.

It's going to be another long day. We've enjoyed snuggle time and a light breakfast, and now they're cuddled on the couch together watching cartoons whle I decompress over coffee. Zorak's out there now, and I am giving the boys a little down time before we head out this morning. It's so good.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

J-Lynn said...

"which is all ritzy with walls and floors and such"

ROFL!!! Have a productive weekend Dy and I'm glad you have company to help the time pass by!

Laney said...

Phew! I'm tired from reading the post! LOL

I have a technical question for you. We have the same template and I noticed that yours shifted and then you got it back. Pray tell, how did you do that? Mine has shifted and it is really annoying the crap out of me!

Thanks!

melissa said...

You wrote this all so well! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this entry . I am glad that y'all have floors!!! An look at y'all having company over already. Woo-hoo!!