Monday, November 14

Don't Pass Out, BUT...

Our cabinets have been ordered!

If we had accomplished nothing else today, that would have been enough. I am satisfied. All is well. But wait, it gets better...

The Appliance Fairy dropped off a shiny new fridge!

Oh joy! It's huge, and the kitchen is empty, so it looks like an obscure tribute to crisp fruits and veggies - a large monolithic white... thing. And it's *sniff, sniff* beautiful.

But there's still more!

The midwives have several new clients up in our neck of the woods (which is, for their territory, more like the very tippy top of the head than the actual neck), and since there are so many of us who would be caravanning down to Birmingham for prenatals, they asked if they could use the house as the appointment spot for the Northern end of the state. Heckyeah! C'mon over! Granted, that means that at least one bedroom is going to need walls and perhaps flooring... maybe we'll roll out the red carpet and hang curtains for a little privacy... by mid-December, but that's okay. We can get ritzy and put in walls. It's for a good cause.

Zorak and I were really tickled that they felt comfortable asking us about it, and we were also thrilled that we're in a position to be able to help out. So many people have helped us in so many ways over the years. It feels good to open our doors, even if in such a small way, and be the ones doing the helping. Good stuff.

All is well with the baby. It's come to my attention that there are quite a few of the menfolk who read the blog, so I won't go all "pregnancy update" on you here. Just that she's fine. I'm fine. She's inherited Zorak's atomic elbow of death and if she doesn't move it soon... I'm getting scared. I stepped onto the scale, thinking, "Oh, this'll be funny." Um. Ok, shoulda defined "funny" before I got on. I weigh now just two small pounds less than I did when Smidge was born. I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking, "... gosh, but I FEEL so... well, less than that..." Zorak pointed out that the way I felt by the end of Smidge's pregnancy was (and I quote) "one of the unfortunate side effects of abject poverty". Ahhh, good point. Also, as I just realized this weekend, this is the first time I've ever been this pregnant in temps under 100'. I'm likin' it!

That's about it. Oh. No, wait, we also stopped by a plumbing supply place in Birmingham today. The folks there were wonderful. We were there for two and a half hours. The boys were wonderful. They had completely wormed their way into the hearts of every guy working there, and most of the industrial reps who came in during our stay. Not only did we walk out of there with a gazillion fittings and manifolds and a few bazillion miles of pipe, but it was at a good price, great customer service, and we are SET for indoor plumbing! Well, for cold water, anyway. We'll hook up the hot water after we have a water heater, and the propane to run it (you know, details, details, sheesh!) But all we'll need at that point is a bazillion miles of red PEX to go with it. WooHoo!

I'm off to tuck my sleeping angels in again and give them some sleeping 'nuggles (not that they notice or remember, but it feels so good, and sometimes mamas do things just because they really enjoy it), and then to rest, for tomorrow's another busy day!

Kiss those babies!
Dy

7 comments:

J-Lynn said...

WooooooHoooooooo appliances!!!

I'm glad everything with the baby is good, and that you are so happy they asked to use your house, how neat! :-)

BTW, this is the furthest I've been pregnant in the winter as well, it *is* nice! And I thought I was doing really well, people tell me all the time I look great and I think I weigh more than I ever have in my entire LIFE. *sigh*

They are worth it. They are worth it. They are worth it. They are worth it. They are worth....

OK, going to bed now. ;-) HUGS

Anonymous said...

Just Popping in to say how much coming here gives me a smile! Everything sounds wonderful-even the not so wonderful sounds like it is! Thanks for the smiles Dy!

Jersey Girl said...

Oooh! A refrigerator! Hope you are enjoying watching rooms come together piece by piece.
I remember the visions you posted of your family living and growing in the house. This is an added blessing. Looking forward to hearing about the many more opportunities you will have to share the house of your dreams.

Laney said...

Appliances and cabinets. Who knew they could bring utter joy and peace, *sigh*

Awesome about the midwives. Why do I suddenly have visions of pregant women wandering around the forever home and Zorak saying, "Well, if you really want to help, we could use some plumbing help...":-)

Spinneretta said...

I call that a *GOOD* day... you wont need to go further than your living room for a M/W appt (you CANT get better than that!)... a new fridge AND your ordered cabinets...
Sounds like you had fun (and *I'd* still like a pg update ;))

CarolynM said...

Ok, I just read the last few posts to catch up from several days away from the computer. Now I'm exhausted just from *reading* what you've been up to! I seriously don't know how you're doing it -- except that you're young! I remember helping my hubby lay a vinyl tile floor during our *kitchen remodel* when I was 8 months pg with #1. I finally had to quit because I was crossing the line of physical limitations. Ok, so maybe I'm just not cut out for construction. L O V E THE PICTURES!!! I can almost smell the smoke from the Forever Bonfire! sniff sniff... hot dogs too?

Thom said...

Real, measurable PROGRESS!! YAY! I know that feels good.
Glad to hear that you and Emily are both healthy and everything's on course, in that realm. Although I have to say I don't envy your having to deal with the atomic elbow of death! I LOL'd at that one! :0D