Sunday, November 6

On Selling Products (More for the "How to Lose A Sale" file)

I don't know what it is with us and salespeople, but...

So we talked with Buford at the Lowe's in Decatur about cabinets.

October 30th: We took our sketches, CAD drawings, measurements to Buford. We had all the details ironed out. Please give us a quote. We would like to order this week. He said it might be ready Monday, but would be ready "by Thursday at the latest". Sounds so simple...

October 31st: I call to check in. It's not ready. That's okay, it's short notice, and it's a holiday. He'll call us Thursday to go over the quote.

November 3rd: Haven't heard from him by six, so I give him a ring. Still not ready. It will be ready tomorrow.

November 6th: (I gave him a couple of days so he could be the one to call us.) Ahhh, no. Buford is off today. Here's your file... but, uh, it's not been worked up.

Yeah.

Ya know, please leave him a note to go ahead and cancel the quote. We'll go with someone who would like to work with us. Thank you.

*sigh*

Who knew it would be so hard to spend money???

Dy

2 comments:

melissa said...

I am actually pleasantly surprised now, when someone DOES get back to me when they say that they will. The economy must indeed be booming, because I am having the darndest time finding anyone to do my home improvements. Everybody's booked several months out.What I'd give for one eager beaver handy-man.... good luck with cabinets. I can't believe that it's time to start putting things IN!

Treasured Grace said...

I just sat down to catch up on your blog. I love to hear how you are progressing. I can't wait to see the pics when you are complete. I love what James said about the Forever home, that is precious. Well keep it up and rest when you can. Sherri-Ann