Friday, November 4

Quick Post Over Coffee

Good Morning! It's a lovely, cold Friday morning. Everyone is still asleep, and while I should wake them up so we can get to the house early... I don't wanna. My inner introvert is about to become a neurotic mess from the utter lack of down time or time alone or time with a book. So, I'm sipping an overly-creamered cup of scalding hot coffee and enjoying the sounds of morning traffic (enjoying it because I won't have to deal with it once we're Home - yay!)

The house is coming along. Today is Zorak's every-other-Friday off, so it'll be a full day at the pad.

Chimney guy came. Chimney guy refused to speak to me. This guy simply did not care to speak to a woman about these things. I hovered beside Zorak and fought off flashbacks of living in NC many years ago, while Zorak talked with him about stuff us womenfolk just couldn't possibly understand. (What? You mean like the fact that a liner for the chimney probably shouldn't cost as much as the one you're trying to sell us? Yeah, I feel dumb.)

We've decided the previous owners were either severely manic, or possibly suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder. It's also possible they were just total hillbillies and knew what they were doing but didn't care. The wood stove in the basement is connected to the chimney with three different types of stove pipe - none of which is the right stuff for the wood stove in the basement. One piece is actually for a range - as in, a kitchen range. It's not even the right size (the difference, of course, being made up for with duct tape - possibly leftovers from their kitchen remodeling project?)

Good news: the wood stove in the basement is a monster stove in decent condition that can be used.

Bad news: it can't be used in it's current configuration.

That's not too bad. We can either buy a stove kit from the store and put it in the living room for now, or we can line the entire chimney and add the right size pipe and use it from below. Or we can buy a new wood burning stove and pretend the one in the basement is for baking wayward children into pies.

Emily has migrated up under my ribcage - waaay up under there. I think she may be an amazon child, which will help keep our freezer full once she begins hunting, but in the meantime, I'm wondering just how many organs can get stuffed up into my throat before cutting off all breathing function. Other than that, though, feeling great, doing wonderfully and getting absostinkinglutely huge.

And so, I'm off to get caught up reading and writing. Y'all have a great day, and please know that if I don't call, comment, email, or send smoke signals, I'm not ignoring you, I'm buried in the house somewhere.

Kiss those babies!
~DY

5 comments:

Laney said...

LOL! I've had three babies temporarily residing under my left ribs, I don't miss that feeling.

I am hoping that everything goes well today and that *someone* will speak to you. *grin*

Sheila said...

oh, how I love "Oh, you're just the little woman" kinds of men. I tend to atract them and slowly convert them. Then they become "The rest of these women are just little women but you're a little brighter than they are" knid of men.

J stayed under my ribs too. He was more up than out. Monsterous big feet too. In fact he's 9 now and wears a 7.5 in MEN'S shoes. I feel for you. We shall send you an extra large bottle of orange creme Tums for Christmas and a chimney liner.

Sadly, the uncles would have done the sort of patch job you are descibing. Old country folks who can't see spending money on new when they have all this perfectly good stuff around to piece it together.

J-Lynn said...

Hey there little lady. Should you be doing so much in your delicate condition? ROFL I'm so just mocking those good'ol boys. Funny thing is, I've had mainly pastors be that way to me. Kind of like "women should be seen and not be heard, and sometimes not be seen unless called for". *shudder*

The baby likes a spot up by my ribs on my right side and I'm convinced I have a benign tumor or weird bruise on that side because it's extremely painful after sitting down for awhile. I remember it with each baby.

Welcome to the half-oxygen club! Try to have fun with the lack of air, kind of like laughing gas at the dentist. ;-)

HUGS,
Jess

Donna Boucher said...

Is Emily swinging from your ribs...like Tarzan? ;o)

Emily said...

Glad to hear you all are well! Sounds like Emily is gearing up so she can hang with the boys when she gets here :)

I love, love, love the postings about the sotve!! The Dude and I are currently going through the process of getting one put in our house and I am learning a lot! Keep 'em coming!!

Take Care!
~Em