Saturday, November 19

********drum roll, please********

We have indoor heat!

Zorak just called (yes, at ten-thirty at night) to say the eagle has landed, or the chicken is cooking, or whatever needs to be stated on such a momentous occasion. No matter how you phrase it, the behemoth iron box is producing heat and warming the cockles and crannies of our Forever Home as I type.

Procuring enough stove pipe to create an entire chimney to specifications and fire codes took travel through three counties ('tis the season), but he perservered and has triumphed.

I can't wait to feel it. I can't wait to give him a great big hero's welcome home.

Yay!

Dy

17 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Oh Dy that's WONDERFUL news!!!!!!!!

Give Zorak a hug from me and a high five from Geo, he's doing SO well!

Libby said...

Woohoo! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Yay for heat!
(and welcome to the 21st century) :-)

ps-working on my comments. i don't know what's the matter with them.

-dawn

Patty in WA or Rover said...

Hooray!

Unknown said...

Oh Dy....I'm soooo thrilled for you! Congratulations! I can only imagine the thrill it will be for you to feel the warmth! So happy for you!

Crissy said...

Hooray!!
Now that's progress!

Crissy

Staci Eastin said...

Wonderful!

Treasured Grace said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy...doing the happy dance for you!!!
SA

Thom said...

Oh, how WONDERFUL!!! Won't it be just lovely to walk into your very own HEATED Forever home?? :0)
YAY!!!!

Linda said...

Praise God for His many blessings, including warmth!

Jean in Wisconsin said...

Wonderful!!!!

Bethany :)

Jules said...

Such a simple thing... and yet so imperative!

Congrats- you are one step closer to acheiving your dreams!

H said...

Floor furnace! Floor furnace!!

There's a floor furnace on "Medium" tonight. Thanks to your description I knew exactly what it was. :)

I'm thankful you won't have one in your forever home. You won't ever have to worry about not being able to flee from a butcher knife weilding murderer because you dropped your keys down the floor furnace.

It's the little things.....

Unknown said...

Dy~

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you on this day, Monday! I hope that y'all are doing well and enjoying the heat!

J-Lynn said...

ROFL Hillary!!!

To be honest, I don't think Dy would run. I have no doubts she'd kill the intruder herself before fleeing her precious forever home...LOL

Thom said...

Yeh, if all he's packing is a butcher knife, he's broken and entered the WROOOONG forever home, KWIM? ;0D

Laney said...

LOL, Thom!

YaHoooooooo!!!!