Tuesday, July 1

Whew.

The first bottle. Ever. For any of them. That was weird.

But man, when you *need* them to take one, it's nice if they will! (And James was so proud that he got to be the one to feed Jason! I'm glad Zorak took a picture for me so I didn't miss it entirely.)

Me-Tae watched all five of them for me for the root canal this morning. She is an angel on earth, I tell you.

I've also decided that Dental Blue must define "preferred provider" as "inept charlatan who will work for whatever insurance will cough up". So far, having stepped outside the coverage of our insurance company, we've worked with five different dental providers (one restorative dentist, two periodontists, an endodontist, and a something-or-other) who have all been more honest and proactive and - so far - competent, than the previous ones ever were. It's refreshing. It makes it a lot easier to make jokes in my head about the idiosyncrasies of bone conduction while I'm in the chair. I want to say it's costing us a lot more, but to be honest, if it's good work that does the trick, it won't cost more than what we've already paid and are having to re-do, or do properly in the first place. That's worth it, any day. So, root has been canalled... or however you'd say it. Crowns go on tomorrow. General treatment plan is, I think, figured out. Yay.

After I picked up the kids, we met Zorak and some of his co-workers/friends for lunch at the Miso House. Yum-yum. Good food. Good conversation.

Picked up my Rainbow order on the way home. Missed the library because three of five were out cold and I just didn't have it in me to deal with three groggy, cranky children in the World's Strangest Library at the end of a long day. (Call me a coward, if you must, but I know my limits.) We came home and wallowed in new books all afternoon.

Can't ask for a better end to the day than that!

And tomorrow, we get to do it all over again!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. How precious it is!

You know how much I hate dental work, I'm still contemplating getting a passport so I can see your guy in Mexico. ;-)

~sdWTMer

Urban Mom said...

You're right -- these are your *teeth*, for heaven's sake! It's worth the money!!! You're going to need them for a long, long time.

Adorable picture. Way to step up, big guy.

Jenni said...

Great photo!

LOL! Of course I knew you were kidding. It was a good thing dh was reading your comment over my shoulder. He explained the whole concrete thing to me. Most of what they do in their construction business is finish concrete and I think that place is a must-see for him! You know, the more I learn about you, the more interesting you become! When are y'all moving to Kansas?

Melora said...

Beautiful picture!