Tuesday, July 29

The Day That Wasn't

I left for a "quick consult" this morning at 7:45... at 11:40, I called Zorak en route to the credit union to tell him I was hoarking cash from savings to make up the difference in the bill and then I'd be on my way home. Three and a half hours at this consult. GARGH! (Or insert your own gutteral sound of defeat. Feel free to improvise.)

When I arrived home, lunch was just about ready, Zorak had made more headway on the balcony detail tidbits, and the boys had done their school work. (*snarl* - I'm glad they did it, but why can they get it done by lunchtime for Dad, and we struggle to get it done by supper??? Adding insult to injury, he told me he, Em, and Jase were *outside*, working on the balcony, and he left the boys *inside* to get their schoolwork done! What the ---??? If I went outside and left them to their own devices... *sigh* Nevermind. We'll address that later. When they're 30.)

After lunch, the boys asked if they could play video games for a bit. I told them they needed to wait until Em was down for her nap. "Oh, she's out." Huh? Where? Can you find the sleeping girl?



Sure enough... there she is!



No clue what was wrong with the perfectly spacious bed beside the soft toy bucket. Perhaps it was the lack of soft toys? Still, that doesn't look horribly comfortable.

Zorak moved her, the boys played Star Wars Lego, and Jase and I practiced our synchronized napping routine.

This evening, I worked on my turkey couch some more. I put the closure on one cushion. I swear, this is like watching Mr. MaGoo walk around a construction site. Things keep going wrong, with the potential to go *horribly* wrong, but somehow I seem to be just clueless enough not to notice and to emerge fairly unscathed. It's pretty exciting. Two more cushion closures and the side closures to go, and then I can post actual, honest-to-goodness COMPLETED PROJECT photos! (It's been a while since I've posted those... probably because it's been a while since we've completed a project. Go figure.)

And then, the day was done. *poof* Gone, just like that. I'm not sure how it happened so quickly, but there you go. Some days do that, I guess.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Urban Mom said...

Awww, look at the little cutie! Urban Kid 1 used to sleep anywhere/everywhere -- doorframe bouncer, high chair, car seat, stroller. Not so much with UK2. Princess and the Pea, that one.

Strange how some days just evaporate, huh?

Meliss said...

Aw! EmBaby is so cute!

mere said...

Awwwww, That is so cute!

S.J. likes to sleep atop her fuzzy friends, but they are all in her crib. Precious little girl!

Yeah, it's weird how the kids will snap for the dad, but they let it all hang out for us Moms. Maddening.

Have a great day!
mere

Erin said...

I can't wait to see the couch. I seem to remember a halloween costume that looked very much like what it was supposed to. I don't think yoou give yourself enough credit in the sewing arena. Just keep going. If you think too much about it you'll be like a deer in headlights!

Jenni said...

Ah, the power of Dad! It's amazing isn't it? It's almost enough to make me consider switching places. I console myself with the thought that if *he* were the one home all the time, they would begin to pull the same carp for him.

EmBaby in the toy bucket is just priceless!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful precious picture of your darling girl. Thanks for sharing ~

Create a great day,

Pamela

Jules said...

That picture is perfect! SO cute. She doesn't look very comfortable, but I'll bet it was heaven getting to sleep with all those cushy animals.