Saturday, January 19

Well, Thhbbtthhh

My favorite homeschool forum has changed formats. The change was coming, and that's okay. But, there are glitches (I know, glitches are normal, too. I just don't like change. There. I've said it. Hi, I'm Dy, and I don't like change.)

They've disabled the old board, and you can't post on the new board until you receive the registration confirmation email... it's Saturday... think TPTB are doing that this morning? It sounded like the email was generated automatically, but it's been over an hour, now, and no email.

You can read the threads. You just can't post to them.

I feel like the kid who isn't allowed on the playground, so he just stands at the chainlink fence and watches all the other kids play.

Zorak is sick and sleeping in a bit. Emily's sitting on his legs, watching Barney, and the boys are watching some kids-cards-monsters cartoon. I guess I could go clean the bathroom, but really, that doesn't sound like much fun. Hmpf.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Dawn E said...

Hope your email comes through soon; we miss ya.

Dy said...

Thanks, Dawn! I'm in! I'm in! And there's SO MUCH TO SEE!!! See ya there!
Dy

andie said...

I was waiting by the slide for you ALLL evening.

Glad they let you in. :)

Rebel said...

I registered Friday morning and STILL don't have my confirmation email. I also can't get it to let me upload an avatar. The little radio button that says "don't use an avatar" will not unclick.

Melora said...

Grumpy here too.
I read your last paragraph as "Zorak is sick and Emily bit his legs." Guess I need to stop looking at a screen for a while!

Jenni said...

Well, I got in right away, but I don't like the new format anyway. I guess I'm just used to the old way. There are some benefits, but this format seems harder to skim through. I don't know if I'll visit the board as often with it like this, but maybe that's a good thing.

Mom2legomaniacs said...

I like a lot of the cool things on the new. But miss certain things of the old. I don't like that the server is busy and I can't get on half the time! ARGH! That's annoying. But maybe it'll get me off the computer to do real work. ;-)
How are things there? Adam has a bit of fever again this morning. :-( Other than that and a stomach ache, no symptoms! It's weird. He just feels yucko.
Well, with the cold outside, it's a good time to hunker down, huh.
Have a good one!
melissa