Wednesday, January 23

Pardon the glazed expression...

I'm digging out from beneath the stacks of Vicks-imbued Puffs tissues. That's some stout aromatherapy, there, folks! Sam's had them mixed in with their regular Puff's Plus, and I didn't realize it until we were loading things onto the conveyor at checkout. (If you haven't ever shopped in a warehouse with four children, it may not seem obvious that that's not the time to say, "Oh! I grabbed the wrong thing! I'll just go switch this out!" No, that's the time to say, "Uh... yeah, I, uh, thought we'd give that a try. Just stick it on the conveyor and let's go. *smile*" We do end up with some odd purchases, but I'm also not yet criminally insane, and that is a definite win-win, in my book.)

Zorak has been unconscious for the most part since Monday evening. He woke up and ate last night, then collapsed again. I don't know what he had, but if I get a choice, I'll take what the kids have, thanks. Eesh. He's tough! He is also feeling much better, now, and even braved into the Outside World today to do work and such. Good man, that Zorak.

I feel like 2008 is careening out of control right now. Not in a bad way, really. Just in a I-can't-quite-keep-up way. It's a wild kind of excitement, but... where'd January go? And where'd my matching ink pen for my planner go? The Christmas cards, I can find (they're still on the breakfast bar). But then, that's probably not a good sign, either, is it? When I start feeling a little panicky, I get to step back and think of Zorak, this March - two boys in a very active Cub Scout pack, three boys in some form of ball-playing activity (in three different leagues and schedules, no less), and a convalescing wife with the newborn and toddler at home. And I realize... I get to be the one at home! I am sympathetic to his pending plight. Really, I am. But that doesn't quell the little chirp of relief that escapes my lips every time I think about it. For now, we've got it easy. And quiet. And if I can just find that pen, I'll be all set.

And if we make it to the library tomorrow, that will be THREE - count 'em, 1, 2, 3 - trips without late fees! How cool is that? Very cool, indeed.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Laney said...

Three trips without late fees? There should be an award for that!

Hope everyone is on the mend soon.

Sheila said...

Wooo...three trips. I'm in awe. We've stopped going to the library. It's too expensive.
I hope every one gets feeling better very soon.


Sheila ( who currently owes $12.60 in late fees.)

Melora said...

Glad Zorak is a little better (or felt he would get more rest at work?). Shopping at SAMS is scary, even without four kids to toss weird stuff into your cart, though I do hear they have good prices on some things.
I keep forgetting that the new baby is coming along soon! So exciting! I say you hold onto the Christmas cards until you have pictures of the new baby to put in the envelopes.
Three boys in baseball? Three schedules? Ack!

Emily said...

Our library is awesome and lets you renew online, but somehow I seem to always have late fees too. Luckily they cap fees at $10 (I love our library!!).

Hope all are back up and running soon!!

Jenni said...

Puffs with Vick's? That sounds like a very BAD idea. Who comes up with these things?

I hope the whole family is feeling better soon and you're able to get back on track. Don't feel the need to get on the fast track, though. You are pregnant with a house full of munchkins. It's okay to take it slow once in a while. Take care of yourself and enjoy every moment with those precious kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Boy, you folks need to have my library! There are NO late fees for ALL children's items. If they're late, they're late. They just hope you get around to renewing them sometime, and please don't lose the item. But for the adult books (er-scratch that-let's call it "Grown Up items), there are late fees. But around here, we mostly check out kids items.
Saying a little prayer for your family today, Dy.

hugs,
dawn

Amber said...

Gack!! Thanks for the reminder - I had books due on the 19th. I used to be so good about returning books on time, but now that we've moved it seems hopeless. It doesn't help that we've stopped going to the library on a set day and now swing by here and there - and that this library's computer system doesn't work with my little nifty Library Books program. *sigh* Guess I will be venturing out into the snow this afternoon after all...