Friday, January 18

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMBABY!!!

She's two, now. I... can't believe it. She's brought such joy, such laughter, to our home (not to mention she's revealed a completely squishy soft side to Zorak).
She hangs with the boys, talks better than any of them did at this age, excpet perhaps James. She laughs and shrieks and talks. And has absolutely no volume control. Or shame. She'll bat those great big eyes at anyone for a little cookie dough.
I went through photos to capture the past year, but one thing struck me the most as I wandered down digital memory lane...

This child has grown some serious HAIR this year! Look at it. Then...

Now...


Then...


Now...

Wow.

Once I hit on that, I wasted an hour and a half just perusing pictures, oohing and ahhing, completely forgetting I was supposed to be finding shots to blog. She does that to me. :-) I'll have to try later to find some that really sum up her year. For now, though, they're all up and hungry again. We've got memories to make rather than memories to remember, at the moment.

But still, she's two! Wow. Happy Birthday, Sweet Emily!

And Happy Birthday to her Birthday Buddy, SJ!!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

16 comments:

mere said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

We hope that you have as much fun this year as you did last year!

Her hair is beautiful, Dy. It's fun to get to fix hair isn't it? Other than just shaving it off, that is...

We have such sweet girls, don't we? *sigh*

Have a great day!

mere

Laney said...

Oh, she is so sweet! :-)

At first I thought she looked like you, but she really looks like Zorak.

J-Lynn said...

She's so precious! I remember when Charles was around *A* when she was an infant. I thought, "if they have a girl she's going to wrap herself around his fingers." And, here she is! ;-)

IT's gone by SO fast and pwpttttttt to you for having the time and wherewithall to POST about the kids on their birthdays. This past year birthday season was a blur to me. ;-)

Amy said...

Oh, wow! Happy birthday, baby Em!

She is just the cutest, sweetest little thing. Two is the *best* age, imo. Enjoy it, as I know you will!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Em-Baby!
I hope you have a really fun birthday!

Wow, Dy, I can't believe it's been two years already. She's such a beautiful girl, she really is.

Oh, and you and Big Z - ya, you guys certainly know how to make beautiful babies. You should have a dozen.

hugs!
dawn

andie said...

I'm stunned. I can't believe she's two! Happy, happy birthday, beautiful Emily!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Happy Birthday, Em-not-so-much-a-baby!

Anniesue said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! I was not expecting you to write TWO! I was sure it was only one. She is beautiful!!

Melora said...

Happy Birthday Emily! (That is one of our favorite names -- Katie names most of her dolls Emily!) She is so beautiful, and she does have a look that says she Knows she has her family wrapped around her little finger.

Donna Boucher said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!

You are loved!

Bob and Claire said...

Wow, 2 years already!?! Happy birthday, Emily! Anna is very jealous of all your hair. It's so beautiful. She would love to be able to put a barrette or something in hers, but unfortunately there is simply not enough yet. Her "almost 2" pictures look like Emily's 1 year pictures, as far as hair goes! : )

Needleroozer said...

Dear EmBaby,
It was so much fun to talk to you this morning! I cannot believe how much you have grown.
Dy- I cannot believe how big she looks in the second photo- with her hair up in pigtails, and her little dress and boots- I just want to eat her up!
Enjoy her this year, and I cannot wait to see her this spring!
LB

Mom2legomaniacs said...

Happy Birthday Emily! We will come down and see you soon!

Dy, she's so completely adorable. I hope you all are having a nice weekend. We're shooting for 2 weeks from now. Have commitments next weekend.

Melissa

Jenni said...

Aw, happy birthday EmBaby! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter, doesn't she? Love those little pony tails and the dress with boots and leggings!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!! And wow, she has expended a lot of energy in the hair department, hasn't she. Thanks for showing the comparison pictures, that was fun. :-) I hope you all had a lovely birthday celebration!

momanna98 said...

Wow. I still picture her little and bald. I can't believe how old she looks!