Friday, February 17

OK, it's done.

James looks like Lloyd Christmas. John's got the whole Big Brother Chet thing going on. Thankfully, Smidge has no say yet, so he has a Cute Little Boy haircut.

Zorak seems okay with James' haircut. I have no. idea. why. With the faces this kid makes anytime there's a camera nearby, we're going to have a lot of family photos where he looks like this.

Personally, I like John's haircut. Granted, he really does look like Big Brother Chet.* It looks pretty good, though, and is fun to run my hand over, too. It was very difficult for the barber to do it. Not technically difficult, the man has skills; he just didn't want to do that to John's head. I could tell that it was emotionally painful for the man to cut off THAT MUCH HAIR. John is ecstatic over it, and feels pretty manly. Zorak furrows his brow and mumbles, "it'll grow out..." every time he looks at it.

BUT, while they may now look a bit weird, at least they don't look abandoned. That's what I was shooting for, and hey, it worked.

Miss Emily seems to be clearing a bit more with each day. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. She's a tough little monkey. And very cute, but I have to tell you, we took pictures yesterday and... pink is not her color. Now, I'm not making this up just to avoid pink (although I'd contemplated doing so back in November sometime). The child has my complexion at the moment and pink makes her look very, um, spotted. She doesn't look terribly spotted in person. It definitely looks worse on the camera. Maybe she's just not photogenic? I don't know, but you're going to have to wait for a yellow gown day for pictures.

And darnit, it's raining! I awoke this morning around four to the sound of rain on the roof. I tried very, very diligently to convince myself it was the sound of the noise machine and not the sound of my laundry getting soaked again. It wasn't supposed to rain again until FRIDAY!! Wahhhhh. Oh. Wait. This IS Friday. Well, nuts. There go two more loads that'll have to wait it out. I'm really bad at this, you know.

And so, I've no idea what today, or this weekend will hold. Zorak is determined that we will be laying carpet. I'm guessing that means he's picked a carpet? I don't know. I don't ask questions. I'm just the hired help. Call me Cookie, I'll round up the chuckwagon and have the coffee hot when my Cowboy comes in from the range... But whatever it brings, it should be fun.

Have a great weekend!
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

(* I found the Big Brother chet photo at the Official Weird Science website - if you liked the movie, check this out, it's fun!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter LIVES in pink! I was so excited to have a girl and get away from blue! She NEVER wears blue, sometimes purple and yellow, but there is ALWAYS something pink on her. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dy,

I so enjoy reading your blog. I came over from the WTM boards, to get the story on your 'forever home'. I went back through the archives to when you began the search, and have finally caught up to your daily posts. Your outlook on life & family are refreshing and encouraging, and many times - funny!

Thanks for sharing. Have a great day! :-)

Cathy
Jubilee Academy (aka children at home on WTM)

Laney said...

ROFL!!! Lloyd Christmas!! Bwhahahaha!!!

Rain here,too. School is done and we are off to the movies.

Good luck with that carpet, Cookie. ;-)

Dy said...

Go ahead and laugh, Laney... I love the way the sunlight glints off your smile! ;-) *ducking and running* It really is funny, though, and he's *so* proud of his new 'do! ARGH!

Momanna - since I didn't have the whole "oh goody, it's a GIRL" thing going on, my wonderful People have taken pity on her and sent her many lovely outfits. She's a very blessed young lady, b/c otherwise she'd be stuck wearing the cutest little dump truck jammies...

Cathy - welcome to the front porch. Wow, you did a lot of reading! I'm glad you made it all the way to present day, and hope to see you around. Thank you for the note. :-)

Dy

Anonymous said...

Am I proud that I knew who big brother Chet was w/out a bit of hesitation? Not sure. Funny that you mention Chet, though, because yesterday while Leo was streaking in the yard, He Who Fathered These Wacky Kids was heard saying "would you PLEASE cover yourself?!" LOL

pilgrimama said...

I can't really imagine a daughter of Dy going around in pink somehow.... Then I don't use pink hardly ever on my own daughter because it's so hard to keep clean etc.so maybe that's why I'm having trouble visualising pink. And you know yellow matches poop stains so much better.... Marcella

Melora said...

I dressed K. in pink quite a bit when she was a baby, although it also brought out her spots when she went through her spotty period (both of mine had spots, although Travis's were worse). Now that she is three (almost 4, sniff!), her favorite color is blue, and she borrows clothes from her big brother as often as she can get away with it.
I loved the story about her nursing "incident" this morning on the WTM board!
Cordially,
Melora