Saturday, February 25

Three Days Later

Man. This winter has been rough! I am thankful today is going to be a relatively warm, dry day, because we have got to air out this house. Ick. John had a relapse. Smidge kept getting worse and worse. James hovered on sick all week, and I couldn't shake it, either. Florence Nightingale, I'm not, okay? This is just ridiculous!

After quite a bit of research, which I'll blog about later, I decided to use the colloidial silver. I still wouldn't give it to Miss Emily, but fortunately, she's the healthiest of the bunch. The rest of us, though, have been taking it. Smidge's mucous changed from nasty green to normal snot-color about ten hours after the first dose. He awoke the following morning smiling, with those bright brown eyes wide open for the first time in three days. I can't say I'm sorry I made that call. Everyone feels significantly better. What was nice was that it didn't wind down. It stopped. So, now that we are - hopefully - at the end of this bout of illness, we can get back to life.

We're trying to arrange things in the basement to make room for the tools and materials from the Tool Room. When that's been cleared out, we can begin transforming it back into the Master Bedroom. It's taking a bit more juggling than we expected, but that's okay. It's coming together, one load at a time. We brought the boys' toy shelf up last night. It was like Christmas for Smidge! We also moved one of the tall bookshelves into their room and began the process of liberating some of our favorite books from the basement. That was like Christmas for James.

And I'm trying to blog with James questioning me about light rays and eye development. This isn't working well, so I'm going to go and talk about light waves for a bit over coffee with my eldest child. He's still a little guy, and right now he needs some mama time. I can blog later. (After all, they have to sleep sometime, don't they?)

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

10 comments:

Laney said...

Good morning!

I have been catching up for the past 15 minutes. Sounds like there has been a lot going on, both good and not so good.! I'm sorry that you have all been bitten by the sickness bug, we've BTDT!

I love hearing about the boys excitement, and their affection for light rays! ;-)

L said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Enjoy your coffee and mama time!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I've been praying every morning for yours and the kids' improved health. Glad to hear you're finally coming out of it.

-dawn

Needleroozer said...

So glad to hear you are all feeling better! I was really starting to worry. Have fun finding the master bedroom today- you guys are just whizzing through the house!
TTFN,
LB

Bob and Claire said...

I am so glad to hear that you all are finally feeling better! That colloidial silver is an answer to prayer! I'm going to have to google that, since I had never heard of it before glancing at your post on the WM board. Interesting! : )

Emily said...

UGH!! Dy!! I am so sorry you guys have been hit with the yuckiness that seems to have over taken the nation. I hope all of you guys are feeling better and back to normal soon.

Spring is just around the corner! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear you're getting better!

We just unpacked (and yes, we want to move, what can I say, we're crazy) more books, the kids were so delighted. It was so fun to watch them reunited with their "friends" :)

Hopefully, many fewer tissues this week in both our homes!

Jules said...

I hope you were able to clear up any questions he had about light rays and eye development! ;) *chuckle*
He sounds like quite the kid!

I am glad you are starting to feel better.

Donna Boucher said...

Get well soon!

Katie doesn't seem to sleep with a fever!?!

What's with that?

Anonymous said...

Okay, Dy, I need to talk collodial silver with you, please!

If you have a moment, please email!

hometoteach ~at~ gmail.com