Monday, February 20

One More Down

Wow. The War Room is now carpeted. Zorak pulled it off. I'm in awe. It looks downright swanky in here! Didn't hurt that we cleaned the computer and desk before we brought them back in, I'm sure. It is going to feel so good tomorrow to get up and put my feet down on a finished floor! WAHOO!

I got the boys' room mostly stenciled today. It looks really cute. Smidge saw the trains and yelled, "THOMAS!" Then he clasped his hands together and let out a beautiful little, "Ohhh, thank you!". (I should say this is an artistic rendering loosely inspired by Thomas. It's close enough to thrill a two year old, but not close enough to risk copyright infringement which was not intentional, actually, but one of the benefits of not being able to draw freehand.) James LOVED his beakers. John thinks the dragon tracks and eggs are just the best. I may stop right now. They're happy, and that's what I was shooting for. The ceiling fan blades didn't go up today because someone touched them and they had to be repainted. Grrr.

While the back half of the house is coming together, the living room looks like a miner's camp during the bad years of the gold rush: skivvies drying by the wood stove, beans cooking over in the kitchen, trails of mud leading from the door to various spots in the living room, a wood chip trail to the stove, and well, you get the picture - it's just a mess! When, or if, Miss Emily goes to bed tonight, we'll do a big clean before we hit the hay. If not, then that's on tomorrow's agenda.

Thanks so much for your encouragement and gentle reminders on the last post. I feel better today, which is great. (Getting those damned stencils over with helped a lot!) And now I've got this visual of God doing the Extreme Wrestling thing, which cracks me up. It's probably not wise to giggle at the Almighty, in particular not when I'm the one facing a potential smack-down from Him... but I can't help it. It's funny. I will, however, keep in mind the warning signs and I promise not to incur the wrath of the Almighty or force Him to smite me with something viral and ouchy.

Kiss those babies.
~Dy

5 comments:

Stephanie not in TX said...

If the Almighty doesn't have a sense of humor, honey, we're ALL in trouble ;-)

I never got the stencils painted, and I lived in this house for eight years. You rock!

Laney said...

It's alright, God has a sense of humor! :-)

Joe loves Thomas, too. You're my hero for even attempting the stencils!

Gem said...

How cute!!! I can just hear it -- our Little Dude looooooves Thomas! We drive by a train yard everyday now. As we get to work he says "Hi Thomas!" and as we're leaving he says "Bye-bye Thomas!" If those stencils are re-usable, I'd love to buy them off you!

Melora said...

Awwww! I love the image of Smidge loving his train!
Glad things are coming together so nicely.
Cordially,
Melora

Thom said...

Hey, good for you for getting that stenciling done! I did it once,way back when and that was plenty for me. Needless to say, there is NO stenciling in in my house, now, and NO dnager of their being any (unless I win the lottery and can hire someone to do it for me---and as I don't even play the lottery, well, you see where I'm goin here). Ahem. Anyway. Good job on that stenciling! Can't wait to see pics!!