Tuesday, February 14

That went well...

Well, we got a lot done yesterday. Wash is freezing on the line. Dog is freezing outside. Big Brother's paperwork is sitting on the breakfast bar. Over two dozen doctors offices down, and I finally just called an NMD in Decatur yesterday about seeing Emily. YAY! We have an appointment at ten this morning!

Normally, I wouldn't take a child in for the creeping crud. John has it, and he's fending it off just fine (it'd go better if he would BLOW instead of just trying to breathe around that stuff, but hey, he's five...) So is Smidge (he will actually blow his nose, which could be why he's doing better than John). But Miss Em does the whole infant's suck/swallow/puke regimen and it's not only making her puke a lot more than my comfort level can sustain (seeing as the milk comes with it every time), but the crud has also moved to her lungs, in spite of regular pounding treatments. (Not that we beat her -- it's a technique LB reminded me of, used a lot in cystic fibrosis therapy and also COPD therapies. We used it on my Mom during her convalescence.) So now Miss Em rattles. And she turned magenta yesterday. Not blue, as that would've been an ER Trip of Astounding Speed, but magenta, from the strain of trying to get it out and still breathe. Yes, she needs to be seen. And I am thankful someone will see us.

Guess that means I ought to go wake the wee spawn and get them dressed and fed.

We made it to WallyWorld for KILZ-2 and all manner of good stuff. The boys were awesome, and although it was absolutely packed, we had no lost or maimed children. That always signals a successful outing, in my mind. We didn't get home 'til almost seven, so reading and stencil-making were pushed back to today. Kinda handy, as that relieves me of having to come up with something to do today! (Procrastination does have its good side.)

I'll tell ya, life is one crazy whirlwind. It's like viewing the world from inside a cyclone - a long, snuggly, giggly, mess-making cyclone. I'm not sure what I thought Life would be like, but this definitely isn't it. It's far better, and I wouldn't climb out of this cyclone for anything in the world, but wow-oh-wow, does it go fast. For someone who threw up on the Yo-Yo at the carnival, it's a pretty impressive ride!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Melora said...

I'm so glad you found someone who can see Emily today. Sure hope they can give her something to get the gunk out of her lungs & let her breathe. Maybe they can throw in a little of the something for the boys as well!
It sounds like a good painting day, what with being cold & the kids being snuffly.
Cordially,
Melora

Spinneretta said...

GET WELL SOON EMILY!!!

Poor little tykes... all of them!
I hope you are all feeling better soon... keep us posted Dy!!

Amber said...

Oh poor Emily! I hope everyone is feeling better soon - and I hope you don't come down with it!