Tuesday, February 7

Zorak, My Knight In Shining Armor

He and his trusty steed er, bedtime routine, have come to the rescue! Two nights running, he's taken the boys after supper to let them play with electricity (ie. science), guide them in tidying the dining table (ie. home ec!), and then he has seen to it that they are jammied, their wee teeth are scraped clean, and each of their tiny bodies is tucked warmly into bed.

And what am I doing during this time? Lying in bed, incoherent to all but the cries of the littlest one, shifting her from one position to another in an attempt to find the elusive volume control. (It's got to be in there, somewhere!) But the key point to this all is that I am prone. Flat on my back. Under the covers. Deriving some sustenance from knowing that the elder spawn are being tended to and not left to their own devices in the dark of the night.

This is just about as close to heaven as it can get. Or as I can blog about, anyway. *wink*

So it's not so bad when she's back up at three, because by then I've had some semblance of rest and don't feel the need (drive!) to wake Zorak to go dig up a diaper (or some other task I could do myself, if truth be told). He's definitely in this with me, (and therefore I don't feel the need to drag him into it).

OK, perhaps it's not so much the Noble Knight thing as it is a Self-Preservation Thing? Well, either way, it's incredibly attractive, and deeply appreciated! He's my hero, and I love him.

Today the boys and I are going to finish preparing their room. I've got to call the Nice Carpet Lady to come take a look at the rooms, and hopefully just enjoy some time hanging out together. It looks like the start to a beautiful day!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you have one of the "good ones" too. :) I am constantly amazed at my husband's ability to give. You'd *never* know it, I'm certain (bahahaha) but I have a whiny streak. I'm constantly humbled by his example. And, then I whine that he's trying to show me up in the Good and Decent Person department. *grin*

I've just been summoned to dress Leo, who has stripped yet again.

Have a great day!

Jules said...

I have been blessed with a helpful husband too! Isn't it great? There is nothing mroe sexy to me than my man walking the floor with my baby so that I can get some much needed rest. Unless it's doing the dishes or vaccuuming! ;)

I am sorry to hear that little Em has tummy troubles. But it's like you said, there's not much you can do except wait it out. It does get better- you have three others to prove it!

Try to get some decent amounts of rest and I will drink a huge cup of real coffee in your honor! (not really- but it's the thought that counts right?) ;)

stephseef said...

i'm not a libertarian..... i'm not a homeschooling mom... but i am a MOM in the midst of the chaos who has been encouraged today by your words. as a friend told me once.. 'i am not in this for what i get out of it, i am in this for who they become.'

thanks be to God.

Amy said...

I'm so glad you've got your knight handy! If anything calls for a little chivalry, it's colic.

BTW, I love yellow. But I only have one room in my house that is yellow - my laundry room. I painted it up to make me feel like I'm at a bright sunny beach. I also like to plant lots and lots of yellow flowers in the springtime. So I think I would like your decorating scheme.