Monday, February 13

What a Day Today Will Be!

I'm hoping that's in a good way. We shall see.

First, we must find the Health Department and pick up one of their "homebirth packets", because that's where they keep the birth certificate forms. If I don't get it done within 30 days from the baby's birth, then we get (another) flag with Homeland Security and will have to go justify ourselves to the SSA in order to get her a Social Security number. Well, yeah, like this is a stinking priority with everything else going on. But then, I don't think it'll go well for us once they realize we've been down this road before... I'm not paranoid, I'm just a veteran! *he he* Should probably keep references to compounds, communes and firearms to a minimum until she's registered and legal, eh?

Then it's off to WallyWorld for more KILZ-2 (love that stuff, and it's only six bucks a gallon at WallyWorld!) And to the post office to buy measly two cent stamps because once again I've had stamps in my wallet long enough for them to be too little to use.

Miss Emily is still sick, so we have to find a pediatrician. On the upside (and yes, this sounds strange, but stick with me and I'll explain), John and Smidge are both sick now, too. This is good, because odds are high that they've all got the same thing. SO. Knowing what they have tells me what she has (probably) and makes it a lot easier to know whether to panic or just wait and see. Still need a ped, though.

The boys' room has been painted "Snowdrop" (which is a gallon of white with exactly two little drops of blue tint - who knew that could make a difference!) It looks great. We'll make stencils tonight (because it seems the only stencils we could find are Disney, floral, or those little faceless Dutch people). We found a great carpet that we really like (Zorak says it's "less grownup" than the one I'd originally picked - he's right). The room is coming together so nicely!

That's about all on this side of the world.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

9 comments:

melissa said...

Good luck with all the errands, and I hope that all the kiddos are feeling bright and chipper again soon!

Needleroozer said...

Wow! You did so much this weekend!
Hope the day moves smoothly and healthily for you and your wee ones.
My goal for today- fix a big shipping box, and overnight mail Girl's application (which is in an envelope ready to go because delegation works sometimes.). Also on the docket, a trip to the zoo in the rain. That plan may be modified.
Happy day today,
LB

Anonymous said...

Oh Dy, what a day you're facing! I hope everyone, especially the baby, is over *It* very quickly. I'm not much of a fretter when it comes to illnesses & kids, but when the littlest ones get sick...ack.

Andie

Thom said...

Ah, KILZ-2...I remember it well. The boys' room sounds just great!

Good luck at the Health Dept. I'm sure that's not an errand you're looking forward to! Remember, just take deep breaths and talk slowly, using small words when you address the little bureaucrats. ;0)

Sorry to hear little Em is not feeling well.I hope the ped-search is quick and productive.

Crissy said...

Hope your little people are feeling better in no time.
Good wishes in your search for a doctor.

Crissy

Anonymous said...

Hey Dy... I have had to password protect my blog - could you please email me at aptghomeschool@hotmail.com so that I can get you the password?

Thanks!

Sherri

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Well, if you have too much trouble avoiding references to compounds, communes and firearms, you can come be a guest blogger on my site. :D They'll never find you there. Brouhahaha!

Hope your day went well.

Jules said...

Sorry to hear that some of the babies aren't feeling well! But I know what you mean about the older ones getting it too. Then you can almost be certain that little Emily has what they have and you can worry a little less. I hope they are over it soon!

Amy said...

Hey Dy, just checking to see how Miss Emily is doing. Hope you found a doc that you can be happy with - at least temporarily. -Amy