Wednesday, March 16

Songs We Destroy

I know I've mentioned Zorak's tendency to mangle songs on the radio. Alan Jackson and Billy Joel are among his favorite targets. They're just so... easy. He's been much better about the themes he picks, you know, since the boys learned to talk...

Well, it seems this love of lycricsm lyricism is contagious (or hereditary, which is scary), as the boys now make up new words to their favorite songs. This one is from Monday:

Three colored ducks that we once knew
Red ones, spotted ones, green ones, too
But the one little duck with the rocket on his back
He led the others with a
AHHHHH HEEELLLLP MEEEEEE!!! I'M GOING TO CRASH!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!


Pre-emptive apologies to folk singers around the world. Nothing is safe.

*Edited to fix whatever I did to that word. I have no idea how I managed that. I should never blog before two full pots of coffee. Ever.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Your NRA chapter must be so proud!

We watched American Idol last night and Luke has declared his new favorite song is "The Son of a Creature Man." He's working up lyrics as I type.

Crazy kids.

Donna Boucher said...

I am know to mangle classics.
ie...
I gotta be me has long been sung as I gottoa go pee, I gotta go pee, Whether to die, to do it or try, I gotta go pee. I'll go by myself....that's how it must be...

Yeah. It's demented.
I can't help myself!

Anonymous said...

Picture a tow-headed 7 yr old, with a homemade tail tucked into his pants, and a felt mouse mask on his face, creeping mouse like through the house, singing at the top of his lungs, "Cuz I'm the rat man, oh yeah, I'm the rat maaaannnnnn." ala the Beatles.
Sordid lyrical changers here, too. It must be genetic.
LB

Thom said...

Man, those are funny! LOL!

Okay, here's one:

Love Potion No.9
"I took my troubles down to Madame Rue..du-duhhh..you know that lady with the pole cat, too.."
I STILL sing it that way some times.

Anonymous said...

These lyrical changes are too funny! I have one more for ya. Do y'all know of John Prine? He has a song that goes "That's the way that the world goes round, you're up one day, the next you're down, a half an inch of water, you think you're gonna drwon, that's the way that the world goes round."
John once had a woman come up to him after a concert and asked him why he put "Happy enchilada" in his song and what it meant. Happy enchilada-half an inch of water- get it? It cracked John up, and my dh and I as well, lyrical misfits that we are.
LB