Tuesday, March 1

I'm a Dork, long days, good books.

OK, today I'm definitely registering on the exhaustion scale. *whew* Time for more reading!

The Dork of the Day Award goes to yours truly today, by unanimous vote.

I took the trash out and forgot to shut the back door. "MAN!" I thought, an hour or so later, "How high is the heater set? It's downright sweltering in this kitchen!" *der* (The theromostat is directly across from the back door.)

I bought a ham at the market the other day. Put it in the oven today, literally high from the anticipation of supper: sliced ham with grean beans and mashed potatoes. Mmmmm. A few hours into cooking, I realized it didn't smell right. No, I'm imagining that. It's fine. No... That is definitely not a healthy ham smell. Huh. Well, when I pulled it out to check, I realized it was not, in fact, a ham. It was a pork roast. A lovely, juicy pork roast that had been cooked with no seasoning at all because I thought it was salt cured ham! *sigh* OK, folks, I'd love to claim that's a one time thing, but it's not- this is precisely why Zorak buys the meat in our house.

The boys needed haircuts. I did that tonight. Let's just say this does go in the awards category, and it's not for Stylistic Representation of America's Future.

Then, my grand entry in the daily awards: I didn't hear from Zorak tonight, so I called around 9:45 and *sigh* woke him up. He'd eaten supper and started to call me. Next thing he knew, his phone was ringing and he had no idea what time it was. Poor guy. I'm a goob, I know. They got one test done today. Order another round, boys, 'cuz we're staying here! The boys are great- they love and miss you, and are doing fine. Love you. Love you, too, now go back to bed- I'm sorry. T's okay, nite. One minute, twelve seconds; it's amazing how much you can say with just a few words.

****

On the redemption end (equal time and all that good stuff), James and I spent almost an hour playing with trapezoids and learning how to find the area of irregular shapes. He asked. Why not? Fun stuff.

John learned all about the commutative property today. Toes make great manipulatives.

Smidge has stopped climbing atop my head, screaming like wounded yeti while I read aloud. This, alone, gives me hope.

More books poured in from the library, but I have no idea what they are. I'm going to sort and sift here in a bit and will update or post or just mumble about what we're reading now.

On that note, I have JUMEX nectar soaking in the dining room carpet and need to get it out, so this is all the blog for tonight. More in the morning! I have to go refurbish the steam cleaner just long enough to keep the ants at bay.

Kiss those sweet, sticky, wonderful babies!
Dy

4 comments:

melissa said...

I can beat that. I kept Race on the phone a long time, knowing that it was like, ohhhhh 3am where he was!!!He was just holding the phone mumbling, semi-awake. I tell myself that he likes that. You are doing great...and pork is good no matter how you cook it!

Unknown said...

You're not pregnant are you? Sounds like pregnancy brain to me.

CarolynM said...

My mom used to balance the hanger for a freshly ironed shirt on the thermostat -- until the furnace kept running and running one day. She finally realized that the wire hanger had slipped into the slot on top of the t-stat and was keeping the heat on.

Another time, the front door wasn't latched and blew open while we were away -- letting the raging snowstorm outside IN, directly onto the t-stat. I think it was this time that the front of the old coal-fired furnace was bright red from overwork!

Dy said...

LOL- Ok, yes, Melissa- that's definitely worse! I at least let poor Zorak get some rest. Tell Race howdy when you talk to him again.

Julia- oh, wouldn't that be wonderful? Not just as an excuse for my slightly off-kilter day, either! :-)

Carolyn- that's funny. You know, after the fact. I'm sure it wasn't quite so at the time. LOL.

Thanks for the smiles, guys!
Dy