Wednesday, March 16

Long Overdue Interviews

OK, guys, I apologize for taking nearly a month to post interview questions! So, if you're still around, wondering if I'm trying to come up with some really difficult questions, no. It's just that I have the attention span of a four year old. Or a puppy. I get distracted.

So here are my interview questions:

Amy
1) What piece of advice do you wish you'd received (or did receive, but wish you'd actually taken) to prepare you for parenting? (Or homeschooling!)
2) What gets you through on those days you're thinking, "WHAT was I thinking?" And how are you holding up?
3) How did you and Bud meet?
4) What do you consider your "best find" to use in your homeschooling, and why?
5) Many folks gravitate to a specific verse or chapter in the Bible- do you? What scripture do you think of as "yours", as the one that you return to regularly?
6) Bonus question- what happened to your blog? I keep getting a "url not found" message from blogger! ;-)

Claudia
1) What have you learned in raising the boys so far that you didn't expect?
2) What would be your ideal weekend vacation? (Think four-day, here.)
3) What is your happiest childhood memory?
4) What US destination would you most like to visit and why?
5) Why are you drawn to homeschooling for the boys?

LB
1) So, fifteen years ago, is this what you pictured your life would look like now? How is it different, or similar?
2) What is your favorite surprise in how things have turned out?
3) Would you share your favorite, guaranteed-to-bring-a-smile recipe?
4) How did you and Mr. LB meet?
5) What would your ideal day-in-the-life look like?

I like the "dude rules" Chris used- if you like someone else's questions, feel free to answer them, too. You can answer on your own blog, or here in the comments section. If you answer on your own blog, though, please post a link to it here so we can all go read it! Have fun. There are no wrong answers. Use a #2 pencil and fill in each bubble completely.

Dy

4 comments:

Amy said...

1) Advice: Enjoy it. My mother did not enjoy her kids, but my sister did. I've chosen to follow my sister's example and I thoroughly enjoy parenthood. It really is a choice for those of you who are skeptics.
2) "WHAT was I thinking?" Faith definitely gets me through. It's often a weak, argumentative faith, but it is faith nonetheless. I'm holding up fairly well right now. In January it was anyone's guess if I would make it, though.
3) How did you and Bud meet? Well, we met in a bar. Stan's Blue Note on Lower Greenville, before it burned and was rebuilt. He got my number, we went out the next week, and the rest is history. We have a sanitized version of our meeting for the benefit of those who I didn't want to know I was going to bars with my girlfriends!
4) "best find" to use in your homeschooling, and why? The Well Trained Mind. I'm nothing like a purist, but I so believe the philosophy is correct that I use it as my touchstone. It really helps me evaluate all those shiny, fancy curricula out there against a standard I believe to be excellent.
5) What scripture do you think of as "yours", as the one that you return to regularly? Romans 8:26 - "...We do not know what to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." I rarely, if ever know what to pray for - it seems that when I am truly on my knees about a situation it is because the right is so obscured by circumstances that I have no clue what to pray for. This verse is such a comfort in those times. His spirit knows how to express what I cannot, and does so on my behalf.
6) Bonus question- what happened to your blog? A very nasty Google Image search yielded a picture of Peyton, and the searcher found it intriguing enough to click on it. I was so horrified and freaked out I just deleted the blog. I didn't want them coming back and "invading" my family anymore. I'll probably start another one after our vacation next week - more anonymous and without kids' pics. That's why I"m hogging your blog to answer these :)

Anonymous said...

There is a comment here... why won't it show up?

Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Dy,
It continues to be a tough week here in Seattle. I have one down with a fever, and the other one is taking the rest of my energies with his pre-teen back-talking insecurities, lol.

I will try to get back on tonight to answer you questions- it looks like fun.
TTFN,
LB

Claudia said...

Hey, Dy. Finally got to the interview.