Sunday, March 20

Hmmm

OK, I think I'm going to have to watch that one again.

Some chuckles. It was cute.

But not fall-on-the-floor, laugh-my-rear-off funny.

Let me just say that, honestly, I think it's me. I get that. It's ok. The thing is, you know, and I'll have to dig up my yearbooks to really prove this to you... this movie hit a little close to home. It could've been a documentary of Prescott, AZ in the 1980's. Funny?

Sure, from a distance.

But you couldn't pay me to go back and do it over.

Shyah.

No chance.

I have got to find those yearbooks.
Dy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dy, watch it again and maybe with friends this time. Learn the lines. Love the music. Do his dance. Buy the t-shirts ;-). Can you tell we are fans? My 9 yo daughter and I were in the grocery store and she said, about the muzak playing, "Mom this sounds like ND" (it was REO Speedwagon) and I said "oh, that's because it's a song from the 80's", beaming with pride that my daughter could pick out that style of music. A man overheard our conversation and bursted out laughing and he said he felt old and that he loved the movie. I felt a bond. hee hee.

So happy for you and your potential move to AL. May is be a very sweet home :)
Janet

Anonymous said...

Dy...it *is* an unusual movie, and I can't even really put my finger on what it is that struck me about it. Dh was nonplussed...but it grew on him *after* we'd watched it. And what's even funnier is that he was talking about it *seriously*! The relationship nuances, etc....I just thought it was cute. But poignant.

Jill

melissa said...

Mouth gaping, blank stare. Bink.....bink.blink. ;-)

Well, what did Zorak think?