Wednesday, March 2

The Greeks ~ Specifically, My Greeks

That was our History study this week: Spartans and Athenians. The boys instantly and without reserve identified with certain aspects of each culture.

John is currently out in the back yard, in training to be a Spartan Warrior. He only has two and a half years before he'll need to leave for the camps, you know.

James wants to know more about Plato, and would like the legal voting age lowered. He's devising waterproof storage for his money so he can bury it in the back yard, too.

The beauty of homeschooling? Teach to their strengths! lol.

I wonder what the market was for real estate between Sparta and Athens?

****

Zorak just phoned- he's on his way home. They didn't get it all done and he'll have to go back at some point, but that's ok. He'll be home tonight! (I'm thinking we'll have, oh, pork roast! *smile*)

Kiss those babies, future warriors and philosophers!
~Dy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how happy you are to have Zorak back!! Maybe he won't have to leave again too soon.

Laney said...

Yippee! Hubby back at home, I am happy for you. I loved your commando mommy post! I feel like that sometimes when Kevin works a lot of OT. More often then not I feel like a drill sergeant but I can't seem to find my whistle and clipboard, LOL!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Kiss those little Philosophers! Make sure your Athenian picks up a little Spartan, so he can pull chicks too. All those Helens you know, with faces launching ships, well they like to kiss the Spartans but marry the Athenians.

I can't wait to see which of my little men will side with Apollo and which with Dionysus.

Kim said...

Isn't that cool when your kids do that kind of stuff? I remember when we read The Chronicles of Narnia, my boys were outside re-enacting the stories.

Loved your pork roast story. I've done stuff like that. You know how butchers sometimes put in a piece of paper under the roast to soak up the moisture? I once cooked a roast with that piece of paper still stuck to the underside. I didn't tell my family.

Julie D. said...

Yoohoo! Dy, I need to ask you something but can't find an email ... so would you email me? I figured this was a little quieter way to track you down than doing a post at my place ... that's kind of like sticking a big sign in your front yard. :-)