Saturday, August 30

He's actually very happy.

I was having some fun editing photos, and I loved how this one turned out. I call it "60's Dad".

Don't let the photos I post fool you. Zorak actually has a beautiful smile, and a wonderful laugh, both of which he shares freely and often with us in life. They are two of the things I love about him. But for some reason he really dislikes it when I come at him with the camera. I suspect he'd rather I trap him in the bathroom, reading Shakespeare excerpts to him through the door all afternoon. He and EmBaby were laughing when I squatted down for this shot. He saw me, and suddenly went all 1800's portraiture on me. *shrug* That's okay. It's still a shot of three of my favorite people. I love the way she looks at him. And I don't know what was up with Jase at the time - doesn't look like he's partial to the stroller. Or perhaps he's developing a sense about when Mom squats down with that black thing over her face...

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

Heather said...

who is that little girl in that photo? It can't be baby Em because she is tiny. And that little girl isn't. I'm putting my fingers in my ears, closing my eyes and singing to myself. Growth isn't allowed, don't these children know that yet?!?!?!?

Melora said...

And there I thought he was just giving serious consideration to something that she had said.
Must be a trick of the light, but it sure looks like Jason has a spiked mohawk.

melissa said...

Awwwww....I love it. Race doesn't give those huge grins up for just anybody either. Which of course, makes it my mission in life to obtain them!(sniff) I miss him.

Jenni said...

Like father, like son. Their expressions are so similar in this photo! And the way that Em is looking up at her daddy is very sweet.

Maybe when I get around to sharing some of the goofy photos of me I'll share some rather fierce looking photos of Danny snarling at the camera:o)

Bob and Claire said...

LOL, Jonathan goes all "1800s portraiture" on me in pictures too! I am always laughing about how he would fit right in with those stern-faced family groups in the black and white pictures! And he has such a beautiful smile when not in front of the camera as well--I guess no descendant will ever see it though, LOL!

momanna98 said...

Jase is giving the same look as Zorak. How cute!