Thursday, August 7

The one day I don't take the camera...


I've been absolutely irrational about taking the camera *everywhere* lately. We've been through such a dry spell with pictures, and I know my mother-in-law loves me, but I can only be a slacker about photos of the grandbabies for so long, ya know. In spite of my fantatical insistence on having the camera *ready*, though, there really hasn't been much in the way of composition available. I mean, the view from the dentist's chair isn't that spectacular.

Yesterday, we left for piano. It's not in a beautiful room. The kids are behind a wall, and while I could take pictures of the wall and describe the children... um, that's a little strange.

So I didn't take the camera.

But our plans got changed along the way. The library was closed (so we couldn't spend an hour and a half there). Figured I'd take the kids out for lunch, since we just don't do that very often. But Em fell asleep on our way to lunch. So we grabbed a drive-thru meal... still had an hour to blow...

Well, I know it's a hundred stinking degrees out, but let's check out that park by the music store.

Oh man. It's a photographic Mecca. Water fountains. A splash-n-play area. Rock-walled rose garden built in the 1930's! Hastas the size of small elephants. Gorgeous, lush grassy field where the kids ran about looking incredibly photogenic with their flushed cheeks and slightly sweaty heads.

THIS is why we should never think we know what's going on. This is why I've been taking the camera with me *everywhere*, except yesterday. *sigh* Always be prepared. I should've been a boy scout. Maybe then this wouldn't happen.
We're going back to the kids' dentist today so they can re-fit the spacer that fell prey to a Sugar Daddy last month. I'm taking the camera, just in case.
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

3 comments:

Urban Mom said...

It's happened to all of us! Want to ensure perfect picture-taking scenario? Don't take the camera. Want to make it rain? Wash the car. Want to ensure a a complete bomb of a messy diaper? Don't take one with you when you leave the house. Murphy's Law is always waiting.........

=-)

Anniesue said...

What a great reminder! Although a camera phone comes in handy in a pinch.

Anonymous said...

That *always* happens to me! And I don't even have a cell phone camera as a back up. Why do I feel better when I have a crappy heavily pixelated version of a picture on my cell phone? LOL
Jess