Thursday, August 28

Never Stop Being Willing to Smile

We're still exhausted, but we're back in the swing of things. Piano, scouts, school, chores. It's good, but it feels a little Blah. Today, it felt a little oh-so-help-me-I-can-send-you-to-Mexico-and-start-over! Still, there's plenty to make us smile. Today was grocery day, which means fresh fruits and milk - that makes us smile. Tomorrow is Friday, bringing us three days with Zorak and with friends - that makes us smile.
AND, we discovered where Santa works in the off-season!
Check it out:

That *has* to be the REAL Santa, right there. He was jolly and sweet, too.
(Just like I knew he'd be! *sniff, sniff*)

Aunt Linda also had a really great time. You just have to love this shot. Zorak had taken Em on the elephant ride, and when he got off, he said, "Man, that ride is AWESOME! You guys have to check it out!" (Evidently, it goes surprisingly fast for a kiddie ride, and you can control how high your elephant goes. Always a bonus.) Aunt Linda took him up on it.

Be willing to laugh. Be willing to enjoy these things. Oh, it's so worth it! (And then, when you have days like we had today, you can draw on the laughter and the memories and push through. You know, instead of just leaving the children strategically along the market aisles until they start to think you might really leave them and decide to shape up.)
Kiss those babies!
~Dy

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

melissa said...

thank-you.

Mom2legomaniacs said...

Isn't Dollywood fun? I can't believe you wore jeans though. Hope you didn't go on the River Battle! I went on it and got a huge tub of water dumped over my head as our raft went under it. Not thrilled with that at all.

County Fair area was our favorite. Loved those little rides that were surprisingly very fun!

mere said...

Hee Hee, she looks like she was having a fantstic time! I hope I get to do stuff like that when I am in my sixties.

I'm sorry your shopping trip was frustrating...I can almost hear the whining, the loud voices, the warnings to stop swinging on the cart...Ahhh, good times. ;-)

Oh, wait maybe that was at my house!

Have a great day!
mere