Sunday, November 4

You've Got To Make Time

There will always be things to do: bills to pay, repairs to make, chores to do, errands to run. You could live the life of The Highlander, and never, ever run out of things to do. (Not even when there was Only One...)

But some things, you (I, we) don't have all the time in the world for...



So when you have a sunny afternoon, and the boy needs his bike fixed, it's good to fix it, together,

And to set lunch at the picnic table, instead of inside, just because,

And enjoy hearing the oldest child read to the baby,

while the baby swings on the bench.

When the sun set on that day, we hadn't performed any great renovation-oriented feats, nor had we produced a spotless, showroom-quality living space.

But it was time well spent. Time we cannot have to do again. And that's okay, because we won't need to.

Now, if only we can remember that more often, right? ;-)

Make time, and enjoy it!
And kiss those babies!
~Dy

6 comments:

andie said...

It was a five hour + Monopoly game here. :-)

Staci Eastin said...

Awww. Great picture.

Unknown said...

How true Dy! I'm afraid that I myself often fall into the trap of "not having time." Need to work on this.

By the way, I was just wondering: do you think that your banner ad up above would look better with a white font? I have a hard time reading it. Just a thought. What do I know though! ;-) You are the most entertaining blogger read. I love your stuff.

Dy said...

Oh, Andie - now *that's* love!

Staci, that was taken about five minutes before Zorak leapt up, hopped on James' bike, and took off. James' response was to grab the whiffle ball bat and run after him, yelling, "Stop, thief!" The other three joined in the chase. When Zorak looked back and saw that, he couldn't stop laughing long enough to pedal and they all collapsed in a fantastic pile of happy people. I wish I'd have been able to get a good shot of *that*.

Julie, yeah, it actually needs a lot of tweaking here and there. Sadly, the condition of my blog design is indicative of the condition of my house. I can get it functional, but don't look for detail work. *blush* I really need to work on that.

Dy

Jenni said...

Yup. This weekend was such a good reminder for me that today I took the time (translate: got off my butt) and went to feed the horses with Na. We're done with school so now we're taking off for the store before gym so we can make pumpkin bread together tomorrow. All the subjects can be done while bread is in the oven and the house will smell lovely even if it doesn't look it:o)

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

This is something that is hard for me, and that I need to work on! But last weekend we succeeded, I think. We packed everyone into the car and drove to the tidepools at Crystal Cove with a picnic lunch. We found crabs and snails and a lobster tail (ew!) and watched birds (one seagull had a conversation with Thomas!) It was good, good, good.

The trouble is that even when it is so good, the errands and the messy house are waiting for me when I return, and that sort of lessens the goodness for me. I don't know how to fix that part.