Thursday, November 15

Gak! Argh! Narrrrrr.....

Low tonight of 28?!?!? Did God not get the memo that our storm windows are s-c-a-t-t-e-r-e-d a-r-o-u-n-d t-h-e y-a-r-d? Oh, sure He's probably got more important things to worry about. And we should probably be more on the ball than we are. But let's face it, that's not gonna happen.

And so, I plan to spend the morning panicking, the afternoon digging around for plastic sheeting, and the evening baking things to keep the house toasty warm and the kids fed. Then I'll RUSH out to the fabric store when Zorak gets home, and stay up until sunrise (yes, yes, well after the fact, I know this - but I'm the kind of person who gets so anxious to be *doing* something about a situation that I'm likely to walk to the hospital rather than wait for a ride... uh, yeah, at least I *do* now understand that it's a ridiculous urge, but, well, that's the nature of urges. They don't have to be logical.) ...to line the curtains in the kids' rooms so that I don't feel like a horrible mother for letting them freeze.

Two more cups of coffee, and I'll realize I could just put them in the guest room, which has warmer curtains *and* storm windows already up. Uh, yeah. That's a possibility. We'll see how the day pans out. May logic triumph! *make little trumpet sounds with your lips, now, for the full effect*

It's Virtual Friday! WooHoo! This means we get another three-day weekend. More time to procrastinate and plan poorly for the jobs to be done. We're getting Very Good At This, I'll tell ya. We might go ahead and pull down another couple of windows, just to complete the look. Aim small, miss small, and all that. Er, something like that.

Wow, anyway, it's a little after seven right now. I'm up and dressed. I'm fed and caffeinated. I've got a load of wash going, kitchen tidied, and am feelin' good. Hyped. Excited. It's a fresh new day, and I'm already a bit slap-happy. God bless hormones. You just never know what little gift of the psyche you'll awaken to each morning.

OK, time for a to-do list. And today, pictures. I haven't taken pictures in a while. Mostly because the kids have been moving too quickly, and I've been either too sleepy to get to the camera, or laughing too hard to use it. It's all been good, but there's no proof of that, anywhere. Should get on that, no?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

5 comments:

Jenni said...

So, Dy, do you drink the full 3 pots of coffee by yourself? Are these 12 cup pots of coffee? Does it help with the Calculus? Inquiring minds want to know:oD

andie said...

Jenni, you took my coffee question. :-)

We actually had s..s...snow last night! Just the teensiest coating, but...snow.

We're good though. I have my titanium spork at the ready. In case we get a big one and have to dig out.

Dy said...

You guys ask this as if it's an odd thing to do...

Well, no, they aren't 12-cup pots. Just 8. But really, it's not even 8, unless you use the itty bitty tea cups, and c'mon, who warms their hands on an itty bitty tea cup? So, it's a, um, 4-mug pot. Yes, that sounds better, doesn't it?

I've cut back considerably, though. Used to be an 8-10 pot drinker, and now I'm down to a 3-5 pot drinker. But somehow, I don't think that helps my case any, does it?

Dy

Melora said...

Lined curtains? Why did it never cross my mind that thicker curtains would be a better idea in winter? (Because I'm a Floridian, and we don't Have winters, that's why!) We have little gauzy, nothing curtains in all our windows (because they let in the most Light, and I Need light) -- how energy foolish can I be? Now I'm going to look for heavy curtains for all the bedrooms, and I'll save my gauzy ones for warmer months -- thank you for your very good idea!

Jenni said...

I just rembembered to check back for an answer to my coffee question. I used to drink 5-7 cups (mugs, not the weenie little china cups) of coffee a day, but it made me too jittery. Then I cut back and I was still too jittery and irritable. So I went to English breakfast tea for a while. Now I'm back to coffee at 3-5 cups a day and it seems just about right. I love my coffee, though, and I wish I could drink more. With the 1/2 and 1/2 or whipping cream that goes in each cup, not to mention the hot chocolate mix that also goes in it sometimes, I think I might put on a little extra weight:o)

Next coffee question: How do you drink your coffee? Black? Cream and sugar? Anything extra? Irish cream maybe?