Wednesday, November 21

Children's Song

I seldom do this, because it's right up there with forwarding emails, but I laughed - quite literally aloud - until I cried. There is a little language, so just a heads up. This is the same guy who had every WTM reader in stitches over the Pachelbel Rant a few months back. This time, he tackles kids' videos.

What got me about this one is that sometimes there's just nothing that's going to make Embaby happy other than watching the *one* Dora video we own. Again. Even the boys mock Dora, now. But there are times when I hear James whispering to her, "Do you want Dora? Dora, Emily? Want me to put Dora in?" and I know they've had it, too. So we pop in Dora, sit at the breakfast bar, and watch her watch Dora. It's quiet, if only for fifteen minutes. And we can regroup. If only for fifteen minutes. But when it's over, we're all refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day. The chorus is my favorite.



I want a brother like Rob Paravonian.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy
(*Edited to fix the spelling of his last name. I should know better than to botch something like that. Apologies to Rob.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Loved every part of it!

What a great find among the thousands or even millions of videos in Youtube.

Jenni said...

I have a brother that is funnier than Rob P., though Rob is very funny indeed. At least he makes *me* laugh harder than anyone I know. The rest of the family just sits back and watches me laughing at Jeff. My kids are pretty dang funny, too, especially the boys. Some day I will force them to do some of their silliness in front of the camera. Every time they get going, I get the camera out and they're immediately silent, but someday...

mere said...

LOL!!! That was really funny!

Lately we've been allowing the kids to watch Sleeping Beauty, ususally when I am fixing dinner. The other day I was searching for our Yahoo DSL installation disc and could not find it. DH found it in the VCR...Apparently S.J. was trying to set up a dvd to watch.

I'm just glad it wasn't a PB&J sandwich!

mere

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I love Rob. The Pachabel rant was PERFECT and this one was so funny too!

You know, Dy, the library (here, at least) offers some pretty neat videos as well as all the books. We go each week and Jonathan gets to choose ONE video (but as many books as he wants, haha!) and watch about 30 minutes or so each day. We've had some great ones - all about fire trucks, or John Deere tractors, or classical art or dance. You have to be choosy, but I've found quite a few that don't make me feel like a bad mother when I plop him in front of the screen. :)

Staci Eastin said...

"Mommies always scream into their pillows when their happy."

Can't breathe. Laughing too hard.