Saturday, September 22

A little orange, in honor of autumn

Me-Wa and Me-Tae bought James this cute outfit for his birthday. Me-Tae forwarded the pics to me yesterday, and James really wanted me to get this up today. He's so proud. And, oh, the POCKETS on this thing! It'll take us half an hour just to get it cleared out for the wash once he starts stuffing those pockets.

The "guys" are all out this morning, doing a little more dove hunting. Me-Wa came down, too, so all three boys went. Embaby and I are hanging out, making bread and cookies, enjoying the lovely morning breezes and wishing for a cold snap. (Well, I'm wishing for a cold snap. She's perfectly happy with everything at the moment.)

The other day, she went into the guest room and emerged with this ensemble:

She was so proud of herself! I guess she didn't want to wait for her turn to go, so she made the best of it while the gear was unguarded. With the watermelon accents, she could hide out in a garden patch quite nicely, don't you think?

You know, they just make me smile. That's all there is to it. Sometimes they break your heart, sometimes they make any and everything seem possible. But always, always, there's love, love and more love when you've got these little ones in your life. It's good, good stuff.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Jenni said...

This hunting stuff is such a rite of passage, isn't it? I don't hunt, but Danny does (or did when he had more time) and it was so special to the boys when they were first able to go along, then get their hunter's safety cards, then hunt themselves. I wish Jordan had wanted to at least take hunter's safety and I hope Naomi will. I think the girls could really enjoy it, too. I have taken hunter's safety and have shot a few times (and am a pretty decent shot, too), but guns are just too noisy for me:o)

EmBaby looks like a little hybrid cross between a pumpkin and a watermelon, LOL! Too, too cute!

mere said...

James looks so proud in his gear...he just glows...literally!

Em is just so cute! Really, really, cute!

Great pics for the beginning of Fall.

mere

Dy said...

Jenni, it dawned on us today that it's been YEARS since I've hunted. And that trip got us Smidge. ;-) I'd been looking forward to getting back out this fall, but this isn't the year for it. Maybe '09 will be my year? I definitely cannot complain about the causes of my delays, though. *grin*

Mere, thanks. :-) He is proud. He'll be taking his hunter safety this year. It's *killing* John to know he'll have to wait another two years to be eligible to take it, though. Sometimes it's rough to be the younger one, and also the more enthusiastic one. They know most of the information, but we both think it'll be excellent for them to hear it from another source, and to have the opportunity to articulate their knowledge in a different forum. Should be exciting. :-)

And that Em, oh, she makes my heart just glow.
Dy

Melora said...

Oh gosh! James looks so grown-up and handsome in his new clothes! The dove hunting sounds like a great boys' day out.

K. used to have that same dress! So adorable! And the camouflage adds a whole new dimension.