Thursday, September 6

Happy Little Dirt Ball

Chickens love to take dust baths, and so, it seems, do little girls. It's one of EmBaby's favorite outdoor activities. Mostly, I smile and nod, mentally add sod to our list of things to buy, and give thanks that we didn't get the high maintenance, dry-clean-only children.

While a chicken can take a dust bath and come out fine, humans tend to have those pesky sweat glands. The end result is strikingly different.


But does she care? Not a whit. The final bath was just as much fun as the dust bath. At least for her. ;-) There, you've seen the worst of it (well, except for the marshmallow incident, but this is a close second). And now, I can post crumb-lipped photos without guilt or caveat, because this is a truly filthy little face!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

14 comments:

Needleroozer said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet dirty face! I love it!
Chickens hold all the dirt from their dust baths under all their feathers- if you pick one up hours after a dust bath, and you are wearing beige, you will get a dust bath too. Ask me how I know.
Love you,
LB

Jennie C. said...

That's a beautiful photo, though!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dy, this is so precious. I love when my Lorelai goes out to garden with me and comes back covered in dirt. It shows she is having so much fun.

Stephanie in FL

Barbara said...

Darling -- even dirty.

mere said...

Even with the dirt she is absolutly precious! Her face just lights up, doesn't it? Completely adorable!

mere

Pensguys said...

TOO precious!

Rebel said...

Oh what a sweet little face. She is so HAPPY to be dirty.

Consent of the Governed said...

Oh this looks like a bribery photo if ever I saw one..LOL (They are very useful for when the kids get older LOL)

Melora said...

Nope. I don't see even a hint of remorse in those sparkling little eyes! My kids also enjoy the getting clean as much as the getting dirty. She is so adorable!

Jules said...

Oh my gosh is she ever CUTE!!! I love that smile!

I always laugh when my kids end up looking like this. I say, "Wow! It looks like you've had a good day!"

I just spent some time with some friends over the weekend. They have one little girl who is definitely high-maintenance and dry-clean only. I feel so sorry for her! ;) I don't know what I would do if any of my kids were like that.

Thankfully they are not, and we get to relish pictures of them being filthy and having a great time!

Heidicrafts said...

The dirt gives her a puppy-dog look, with the splotches of colors.

I doubt she would even think that others would have a problem with this condition.

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I figure that "really dirty" = "really had fun". :) You should see some of the photos from our camping trip last month - oh MY the dirt!!

Janet said...

Soooo cute!

Meliss said...

Such a happy little cutie!