Tuesday, July 31

Tuesday Morning, and All's Well

Hi guys. Y'all crack me up. No, we're not planning to call the new baby "Devons". I couldn't think of anything. It was late. Zorak wasn't much help. I asked him for 8 things, and he said he could think of a couple, but I couldn't post them. That got me giggling, and the next thing you know, I'm writing about cattle. It's a weird life here.

When we told Claudia, she said she wasn't coming over again until I wasn't contagious. (She really doesn't want another May baby, and August is a'comin.)

The Cousins have arrived. They are wonderful. They have so much energy, and there's a constant noise level right now that's probably a good 60 decibels higher than normal. I love it! Well, *right now* it's quiet because they are all still passed out after yesterday's marathon of activity. I've got to get them up here in a sec, though.

T and P are really so enjoyable to have here. She asked last night if having them wasn't making things more difficult. I contemplated velcroing her to the bench so she couldn't leave. We love having them here. Zorak and P get along so well. It's interesting to see what happens when two laid-back, easy-to-like guys get started. They make everything sound so do-able. T has found a wonderful man to spend her life with. I've got one like that, and he's a lifesaver when I start doing the hair-chewing, twitchy thing. Anyway, I think they're heading out to check on their soon-to-be home and meet the family, and then they'll be back for the weekend festivities.

Today is Day Two of football camp. I am not sitting out there on the bleachers again. Not. Gonna. Happen. They'll be fine. They have my cell number. It's no reflection on my love and adoration of all four of the big guys, but I'm not sitting out there again. Not sitting through football practice again, tonight, either. (They have no benches on the practice field! WHY didn't we buy the chairs back in the Spring???? Yes, I know, Melissa, you warned me. I ought to have listened.)

OK, off for the day!
Dy

7 comments:

Rebel said...

Yay! I just saw your post below and wanted to say congrats! I started reading your blog when you were pregnant with Smidge and it seems like yesterday.

Needleroozer said...

So glad you are enjoying all the extra babies of all ages.

Amy in O and I are plotting: What do you think of this idea- we make your baby a one of a kind beautiful heirloom quilt, and in exchange, you let *US* name the baby! And in case you don't like the idea- it was Amy's. ;-)

Have a great day.
LB

momanna98 said...

Oh my goodness!! I miss a day and I miss a ton!!! Congrats!! And I thought you were done..... Awww.... how neat....

Claudia said...

Now that I said no more May babies, Ben really wants one on the 11th. "Then it's 10th, 11th, and 12th honey. Wouldn't that be great?" Uh, nooo.

Ben finally surprised me with a chair last week, and guess what? We are not doing football anymore.

Donna Boucher said...

Ah! Now I know why you keep getting pregnant...
so you have a really good excuse NOT to SIT and WATCH football practice :o)

momanna98 said...

Hey, you must be pretty out of it, because you didn't say, "Kiss those babies". You better get some extra rest!

Dy said...

Oh my goodness, you're right! LOL! I guess it must have been a bit more of a surprise than I thought it was. :-)

Claudia, honey, we've talked every day and I still haven't heard about the chair... ???

Donna, you are a genius. Pure, unadulterated genius. I'm gonna use that one!

LB... mmmmm, it does sound tempting, but I'm not sure. I'd need a name sampler, first. ;-) However, you guys wouldn't saddle this baby with a really awful name, would you? As long as Amy doesn't have PMS, I think we'd probably be safe! (Love you, Amy!)

Rebel, it does feel like just yesterday. I don't know how it's gone so quickly.

Dy