Thursday, July 5

Because he loves us,

Today, for no other reason than that he loves us, Zorak...

let the boys "help" make fried okra for supper (when it would have been much easier to do on his own)

packed a cooler and loaded the wagon into the Suburban (when he would have preferred to be sanding and prepping the eaves),

drove in horrible traffic (which he hates)...

to go to a Large Public Gathering (which he also cannot be classified as being "fond" of)...

to watch fireworks (which he doesn't hate, but could live without if he isn't going to be the one lighting them off - the whole display thing, eh, "pass".)...

fireworks that wouldn't begin until ten o'clock (on a weeknight - and although they ended before ten-thirty, it was still nearly midnight before we got home)...

When traffic was backed up for miles, he never complained (he thought it, but he didn't say it)...

When we had to loop into what we thought was paid parking, then loop back out, then realized there was no charge, and looped back in...

and he didn't snap at me.

And even when I snapped at him (because by the third bit of looping, I was pretty done, as well), he didn't snap back (too much).

All because he loves us. He likes to make us smile. And when he can make us smile, make us know we're safe and loved, make special memories that will last for years, all is right with his world.



And suddenly, it was all worth it. Simply because he loves us.

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

8 comments:

Dy said...

OK, that didn't look so serious on the camera. Well, for the record, he behaved much more cheerfully than that picture would lead you to believe. I just thought it was sweet to see them standing together, both lost in thought during the lull between fireworks. They aren't grumpy. Honest. :-)

Bridget said...

Happy 4th to you and your family! Thank God we didn't have to leave the house to watch the fireworks, just sit on the back deck and watch the show.

mere said...

I think it's a sweet picture...and a very sweet post.

mere

Jennie C. said...

Fireworks traffic is awful, isn't it? Glad you all had a good time, and I like the "grumpy" picture, too.

Anonymous said...

The picture says it all! 8)

Anonymous said...

You've been nominated as a Rockin' Girl Blogger!

Needleroozer said...

Funny, I looked at his face and thought, "introspective" - smae with baby Girl. Very sweet- I love the way she is holding his finger.

Glad you had fun!
LB

Jenni said...

Aw, very sweet. I just can't believe he not only eats fried okra but makes it as well. I *love* fried okra, but I never get it because the rest of my family thinks it is disgusting and it seems so silly to make something just for me. They have the same reaction to fried zucchini and fried mushrooms. What planet did these people come from? I think a fried Twinkie would be just fine with them. But back to my original point. What a sweet hubby you have!