Monday, July 23

Sunday Home Update

Wow. I can't give you pictures, because we were still putting on stain when it got too dark to see, but I can tell you "wow". I think I have a new Happy Spot.

Porch ceiling and trim are primed, so pretty and clean.

80% of the railings are stained, and the impact is dramatic. We're loving it.

Ben & Claudia (and small associates) came for Sunday Supper tonight. We haven't seen them in ages, and it was just wonderful to see what all they've been up to. Their oldest is playing football this year, so Claudia is experiencing that mind-numbing exhaustion of the first-time-sports-mom. When the little guy pipes up cheerfully that he can't wait to play a different sport EVERY SEASON, Claudia blanches and wobbles a little. I can appreciate that! (But he's so cute!!!)

Their wee "baby grill" (what her brothers deemed her), Lucy, is walking now - she and EmBaby disappeared to the sand pit and re-emerged ten minutes later, each missing just one shoe. It appears to have been intentional, but we don't know *why*.

Their Little David and our Little Smidge, both about the same age, spent the evening doing irritating from-left-field toddler things to each other and laughing over it. That's an age I just don't think I'll ever quite understand - but they have fun together, and that's good stuff.

And then they left. And it was so quiet. Fortunately, it was a sleepy, contented, sated quiet. We look forward to next week, when we'll have the family and the friends all together. (And with seven boys all together, that'll be almost enough to form a baseball team!)

What did you do today?

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

4 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Not nearly as much as you, I'm afraid!

Needleroozer said...

We went to church, kidnapped Gramma, she and I cleaned the entire house (and it looks damn fine if I do say so myself, and then after taking her back home, the kids and I made a midnight trip to pick up Papa! Yay!
Big update complete with pictures on the blog tonight. Gotta get going on school now.
LB

PupDaddy said...

Do you need a heat gun? I have a small one, AK said you needed one but couldn't find your e-mail address. If still needs, e-mail your real addy to me at chris@luxgraphics.com

:)

-Chris Hults

Melora said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
T. used to do the same thing, but with his socks, when he was a baby. We never even bothered with shoes, but Ed thought his little feet should at least be protected with socks. Within minutes, one sock always disappeared.
Can't wait to see pictures of that porch!