Friday, July 29

I cannot get sick.

I refuse.

Yet, it's one-thirty and I'm up. I can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

I've been laid up on the couch, puking, moaning and shivering since shortly after my last phone call of the day. This feels like the flu, but with some kind of beating on top of it.

Zorak brought me a crackers and water, made me a "sick jug", rubbed my aching legs and feet, and made fun of me.

I've been on the phone so much today, trying to find someone to do this, that I have run down the batteries on both cell phones and our land phone. All three - dead. Both cells phones were charged, run down, fully recharged and run back down to empty. That is, my friends, a long time on the phone.

But was it worth it, you ask? I don't know. I'd like to think so. I'd like to think there is a law of averages for every "no" that brings us just that much closer to the one "yes" we need. And I am going to cling to that thought with the desperate hope Leo didn't show in Titanic. OK, I might take the dive if I was getting paid that much to do it, but still... it was the best I could come up with in my current condition.

I'm working on an upbeat post. Well, two, actually. The first one I'd like to post will probably include graphics of various people in states of ecstasy - leaping, weeping, and kissing strangers. They might be actual pictures of me, accosting total stranger with my joy over getting a loan. BUT, the back up post includes the funny things that have happened along the way. There have been smiles, there has been laughter that isn't creepy. It's all still good, even right now in the dark of the night with what feels like the result of letting an accupuncturist in the lower 2% of his class practice for finals... and I will share them with you when the fog clears.

Oh, guys, it's not the little things. Not the details. Not the laundry or the broken dishes or the planning. Those things do need attention, but not an inordinate amount of attention. Tomorrow morning, we have to hit the mortgage pavement bright 'n early, get just a little farther down the path. Then it will be out of our hands for a while, and we are going to grab those babies and love on them like they're heading off to college tomorrow. We're going to just soak up the giggles and snuggles, and even take the boundary testing with a grain of salt and a teaspoon of sugar (or perhaps an alcoholic-based tincture, but hey, it's a teaspoon). We are going to spend the day reminding ourselves why we're even attempting this project.

Kiss those babies!
Dy

6 comments:

Patty in WA or Rover said...

I wish I could wave my magic wand (which I seem to have misplaced) to knock sense into a few mortgagers' heads. Or just one head.

God bless you, dear. What a time.

Kim said...

Well, I definitely want to see a pic of you accosting someone.

Julie D. said...

I'm with both patty and kim ... and hoping (hoping, hoping) that you don't get sick.

J-Lynn said...

Echinicea! Vit. C! Sleep! Prayers! We can beat this thing, I'll do my part, praying fervently for the "bad bugs" (as my kids refer to them) to go away (and the mortgage of course)!

HUGS!!!!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

*sigh* You're a better person than I am. I'd be banging my head against a wall. Or, more likely, I'd be trying to bang someone else's head against a wall. :~}

((hugs)) and prayers and hopes that today is better.

Gem said...

When you find him (or her), it will be so awesome and you will see God's timing! We got so many no's for a mortgage when we were shopping for a house, but when our IL's said the new owners had sold their house and were moving in on X date, we found a brand-new mortgage guy, got approved for the mortgage, made the offer, got accepted, signed everything, and moved in all in 30 days -- including 4th of July and the mortagage guy's week-long vacation! When it's right, it's just right.