Thursday, July 28

Coming Clean for Donna's Sake

Ok, so Donna doesn't feel bad, I'll come clean about this, too.

We're not married. Not according to the State of New Mexico, anyway. Not according to the First Church of the Nazarene, either (I called today - the pastor didn't even record it in the church's log - thanks, Buddy!). Also checked with PAX, and they didn't make copies, so although they saw the certificate, they cannot verify that they saw it.

Funny, isn't it. For the record, I will think horrible thoughts on the first person to ask what else can happen! So just - don't say it! I don't want to know what else could happen. Just do not want to know. *shhhhhh*

Um, on the upside, we do have photographs from both the wedding and the reception. Some are a little compromising, but that's fine. Allow me to apologize to all of the groomsmen in advance: sorry, guys. And, if we absolutely have to, we can lock the kids on the patio with water and beef jerkey to keep them out of the way while we open every. single. box. in storage to find our marriage certificate.*

We still feel married. That counts, doesn't it?

On the home front, the sellers have countered, but we can't reply until we hear back. Mtg. Guy 1 said at ten this morning that he'd know for sure "in fifteen minutes". It's 12:40 now... and he's stopped answering his phone. That's probably not a good sign.

I'm now offering a side of beef from our first cow to any mortgage lender who can get this through! Any takers? Any mortgage lenders out there reading inane blogs on their lunch hour? Hey, stranger things have happened!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

*of course I'm joking!*

3 comments:

Laney said...

Dy
You might want to try our guy. If you e-mail me, I will give you his name and number. We have used him numerous times and he has pulled off mortgages that others told us would never happen.

Worth a try?? What else cou-oops! Almost forgot, shhhhh....

gardnerfam4 at hotmail dot com

Heather said...

I think I've given you most of my bad jokes about the marriage situation. My latest help is that you will find it right after you have to do it all again. Our official paper was lost for at least 5-6 years. I found it in the bottom of the box holding our mementos, upside down so I thought it was the bottom of the dang box! Just remember, you are loved and you will make it. Keep repeating it; adopt it as your current mantra.

Donna Boucher said...

Aw...

You are married as married can be.
Your family and friends were there...
God was there.

You're married.

Goofy State.

Hugs,
Donna