Saturday, July 30

Good Saturday Morning!

Today is a day without endless phone calls or negotiations. I am excited about it. We might take the kids to Southern Adventures (I have to check on today's expected high, first!) Or we might go swimming. Whatever we do, it'll be together, as a family, and I'm excited about that.

We have pulled money from stray body parts. We have stood on our heads to get different angles. We thought, for a second, that we'd found an option that might work, but then it came back with an exorbitant interest rate (there is value in doing "outside-the-box properties", as he said, and ours is outside the box, but we couldn't afford his value-added benefits!) Laney even graciously shared her mortgage guy's name, and we talked with him. He can do mortgages here, but not farm properties. However, if anyone needs a loan up in the NE, check that guy out. He got on the horn and got back to me and was very nice about the whole thing! No wonder she likes him. So today we drop off one last Hail Mary package and then there is nothing to be done until next week. I'm glad. My hair hurts.

Costco has clementines!!! WOOHOO! Those are the only oranges we've ever found that are consistently sweet and juicy. They don't go bad, and since they come in a box, there's no stress for me trying to figure out just by osmosis which ones are going to be good. (I'm really bad at picking out good citrus.) So that's what we're having for breakfast. *contented sigh* I love Costco.

I'm not, however, eager to tackle the laundry. If another loan avenue came about that might pan out, I'd drop the wash in a heartbeat and get back on the phone. So, I guess it certainly could be worse, eh? *grin*

What are you guys doing this weekend? I wanna hear about YOU!

Kiss those babies!
~Dy

7 comments:

Amy said...

Enjoy a phone-free Saturday! I noticed the Clementines at our grocery store yesterday. I didn't get them because right now we are on peaches-and-cantaloupe-overdrive. Maybe next week!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

I don't know yet, but I think I'm going to go drag Roscoe out of his hole for some FFF (Forced Family Fun). :~)

Have a great weekend, Dy!

J-Lynn said...

Wal-mart has delectable clementines by me. It was Geo's favorite snack to take on the road, we'd buy a box for him and one for us...LOL

Kim said...

Too bad about your hair hurting. You have such nice hair judging from the pics I have seen.

I, too, love Clementines. I am allergic to the peelings of navel organges. They make my eczema go like gangbusters. I can, however, peel Clementines.

We put a sold sign on our lawn today, but alas, my move does not involve Alabama or Harleys.

I'm praying for a good end for you, Dy! Btw how are you feeling in the expectant mommy department?

Gem said...

We're organizing today. Pictures here.

Laney said...

I'm sorry Ralph could not help, but I am glad he was nice and helpful. Hope you had a great family day!!

Dy said...

Oh, guys, what fun! Forced Family Fun, clementines for Geo, Amy's gorging on fresh fruits (which would explain her figure and complexion, *sigh*), and Kim's moving but still resisting her biker roots. Cool!

Um, sorry about Myron, there. Don't know where he came from, or why. But eh, I'm not a fan of forced prostitution in general, so I guess I'll let him be. After all, it's not like my life could get any more strange, right?

Dy